13 on 3rd gen? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
13 on 3rd gen?
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:33 PM
will 13's fit on a 3rd gen thanks

Re: 13 on 3rd gen?
Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:11 PM
Not on the front. 13's are a tight fit on older second gens with the smaller brakes. No way you'll get them onto a third gen. And no you cant swap the smaller brakes, the second gen spindle lacks the steering arm.
Why would you want 13's on a 3rd gen anyways. It would just look funny, even stock they have atleast 15's, and a crazy tall sidewall to fill out the wheel well. 13's would just be rediculous.

Friday, June 12, 2009 3:03 AM
Actually, 14s came on a lot of base models, so you could go that small.

Are you doing circle track? I'm just curious what the need/desire is here.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 5:39 PM
no a buddy of mine has slicks for 13's for dragracing
Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:16 PM
In that case, go to Diamond race wheel They make custom wheels in any size or offset. They may be able to help you out. They have a few centers that could clear any caliper. Get a hold of them and give them your dimentions.
Thats where i buy all my offset wheels from for my oval track cavy, they are a little pricey sometimes tho.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:45 PM
yes the will fit i have them on my 04 sunfire and have no clerence issues also where are you located i have 6 13x8s off my circle track car for $200 and two are in like new condition and one is brand new never raced i mounted for a spare
Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:13 PM
mr. efficency i like your cavy, i was thinking about buying another j and making it into a circle track car. but i found out they 2.5 liter displacement (fine) but a 2.0 liter displacement for 4 valve motors . how does your car run, how reliable is it. what kind of rpms do you run?.......... sorry for jacking the thread.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:21 PM
Works amazing, I run with dohc 16v 90's preludes and 240's all day long. I finished 4th in overall points last year with the first 5 night being run with a slow grand am. I qualified 12th out of 73 cars (only top 30 qualify) in our huge 3 day epic race event to top off the years end. Reliability is where I kill them all, car never had any issues. I finished top 5 every night after switching to the cavy. RPM's depend on the track, but i run third and get between 3500 and 5600 from corner exit to entry.
PM me if you want to get into specifics, I dont want to take over this thread.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search