Greyhound shipping Q's??? ripped off? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Greyhound shipping Q's??? ripped off?
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:29 AM
I know some of you guys have shipped body kits and hoods, etc thru Greyhound, so I was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me........

i bought a new body kit from a kid in TX, and he claims he shipped it out via Greyhound. Now he gave me a "GLI #". He also said that it cant be tracked while in transit. So I have to call my station with this GLI to confirm if it has arrived or not. this dosent make sense to me, because Greyhound has 2 tracking features on their shipping website. So is this tru, or is he BS'ing me??

i have been a little weary about this whole deal, and im not sure wether to wait a few days and keep calling to see if it comes in, or if i put a hold on the paypal transaction.

anyone have any insight for me?? thanks in advance.

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Re: Greyhound shipping Q's??? ripped off?
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:36 AM
I would have taken care of those concerns before sending payment, but it seems the majority here choose to wait until after the fact making it that much more difficult.

I had a dashpad for my old Z shipped through Greyhound, and I was at least able to see that it was shipped out, though throughout transit it is nearly impossible for them to update where it is. However it did make it to me.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:43 AM
^^^well the member is active on here, and a few of the trustable people know him personally(like ESB for example). normally i wouldnt have bought it, but figured he cant get far if theres JBO members that know him and live right near him,.

PS - Joe, did you have to call the station repeatedly to figure out it was there?

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:54 AM
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:57 AM
Yeah I did have to call quite often, sadly enough. Though the tracking number provided me with an estimated arrival.

Best of luck with this.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:03 AM
hmmmm, well the number i got dosent bring anything up in the tracking system.
I emailed Greyhound about it also, but they havent replied in a week. Im just curious if this number is even similar to their usual tracking numbers

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:59 PM
I lost a shippment I had made to someone on greyhound. The GLI# is the number they give you however is not a trackign number. What I did was go to the greyhound location that I shipped the item from and filled a claim. abotu 3 days after filing the insurance claim form that greyhound has. Guess what greyhound found it in 3 days. Tell the seller to go fill out the insurance claim form at the station he sent it from and you wil have you kit within days. greyhound doesn't like to give out money

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:01 AM
if you sent money in paypal.. all u have to dispute it if he cant come up with a tracking number in 10days. that paypal verifys. you will get a full refund no questions asked.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:37 AM
^^^thats what they say, but trust me from experience, that isnt tru.

but i called greyhound and gave them the GLI#, and they said it is in transit, so i guess it was actually shipped out. should have it this week sometime hopefully. thanks for the replies guys

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:37 AM
wow good luck... i didnt even know that things could be shipped through greyhound. Is it cheaper?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:31 AM
Eazy (no switches no bitches) wrote:^^^thats what they say, but trust me from experience, that isnt tru.

Sure isn't! I got an Alpine off eBay for a friend, had issues ejecting and skipped a lot, I filed a claim after the seller didn't contact me within a week. Well they never responded to Paypal either, and out of $75 I walked away with $25.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:32 AM
Eazy (no switches no bitches) wrote:^^^thats what they say, but trust me from experience, that isnt tru.

but i called greyhound and gave them the GLI#, and they said it is in transit, so i guess it was actually shipped out. should have it this week sometime hopefully. thanks for the replies guys

ive done it alot. and never had a problem if they cannoy give a tracking number it doesnt matter ive got crap in the mail and i isnt how its described they dont have time to email m back i guess so i disute it get my money back and the product

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:32 AM
Phranny19 wrote:wow good luck... i didnt even know that things could be shipped through greyhound. Is it cheaper?

i think its pretty cheap i shipped a whole urethane body kit for about 90.00

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:50 AM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:

ive done it alot. and never had a problem if they cannoy give a tracking number it doesnt matter ive got crap in the mail and i isnt how its described they dont have time to email m back i guess so i disute it get my money back and the product

thats a nice deal. my only time working with a dispute, Paypal looked at a phony tracking number i was given, and cleared the dispute, and you cant re-open a dispute. so paypal screwed me.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:49 PM
only had dispute through paypal once. had my money back in less then an hour. but yea, if the person doesnt have enough money in their account to pay you back, paypal will give you as much as possible. the rest is a loss.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:29 AM
Was it a big mouth kit, i know him and i would trust him he is from houston right??? I would contact him or go to the regional forum and ask him personally.
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:39 AM
^^^ya, thats the one. but i contacted greyhound, and they do have it in the system, and it is on the way.

i was just worried cuz it went down kinda shady, but all is well now. should have it anyday now. i didnt really wanna make this post, but didnt know what else to do.
thanks

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:00 PM
i bought a bumper from the guy that used to own tabasco racing and it was severly damaged in transit. i purchased insurance on it, but they wont refund any of my money. i showed them the obvious damage and they agreed it was damaged but they still insisted they didnt have to pay. i talked to two laywers and they said it would cost more than 300 in fees to take it to court and that is all it costed. so i got took. hopefully yours goes alright.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search