how good of shape is your cavalier? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how good of shape is your cavalier?
Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:00 PM
ok so I see pics of some nice cars on here and am jealous mine doesnt look that good. mine isnt awful but I do have a couple dents scratches and that damn rocker panel rust I hate the way it looks but its not nearly as bad as alot I've seen. does your guys cars look is good as the pics or does your cavalier have signs of wear? I want to make it look perfect but doesn't seem cost affective to be honest. since its 15 yrs old I can't see making it perfect but maybe I should.

Re: how good of shape is your cavalier?
Monday, July 18, 2011 1:21 AM
90% of the cars on JBO look worse in person then in pictures, including mine. Well atleast the ones I've seen at 3 bashes/various meets.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, July 18, 2011 4:08 AM
that makes me feel a little better. lol how would I fix the rust on the rockers? is it worth doing?
Monday, July 18, 2011 4:32 AM
mine's what's known as a piece of shiat.

Monday, July 18, 2011 4:33 AM
mines about a 9/10 but with 35k original miles and garage kept it should be lol

Monday, July 18, 2011 4:38 AM
Mine looks pretty amazing in pictures, but is a dd and has a beat up lip kit, some door dings, and lots of imperfections all across the board...don't feel bad, just try to fix one little thing at a time and eventually you'll get it there...as for the rocker rust...well..pay a professional to do it...

Monday, July 18, 2011 5:45 AM
Mine has a lot of rock chips, but still looks good from 10 ft away. lol

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 18, 2011 5:51 AM
Mine looks bad in person. Maybe i'm too anal...

Monday, July 18, 2011 6:22 AM
Mine doesn't look perfect, it's my dd and has dents, dings, scratches.

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:21 AM
the bothers me more than anything but I'm afraid to try to fix it never messed with rust before
Monday, July 18, 2011 3:29 PM
the Black Pearl has 2 small dings on the passenger side rear quarter panel up near the trunk lid. I had it parked in a friend's driveway replacing a blown LD9, and it started raining so we packed up the tools and went inside. On the way in tho, a small branch from the tree overhanging the driveway broke and landed on my car. Luckily it was a smaller branch, but it was enough to leave to dents and a scratch on the top deck of my wing.. which buffed out. What REALLY pisses me off is when I had the Type J skirts on it, a rock got trapped in that dumb, useless vent and all the vibration made the rock rub the paint and primer clean off. other than that, it's in decent shape. the shell was painted a couple yrs ago, and the body kit will be repainted soon

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Monday, July 18, 2011 5:46 PM
Mine runs and drives great!!! Cosmetically? Not so great:
The dash is nearly imploding on itself from all the cracks inside and outside of it.
The radio panel has 35 cracks and one chunk out of it above the steering column and I never touched it.
The driver's seat recline handle broke off a few weeks ago.
The clear coat is just about gone off of the roof and trunk, but the hood is great??
The rear bumper has impact damage on the left rear corner (not too bad, but noticable and I bought it that way)
The front left fender has two small dents (also bought it like that)
The left tailight is missing a gasket.
The air damn is broke in two places
It rides like a rock on roller skates with brand new shocks/struts and 14" wheels with factory size tires.
Several scratches/door dings here and there.

Hey, it's a daily driver and I do take care of it, but it's just falling apart monthly----mostly paint and plastic problems. Mechanicals are sound though.

2000 2.2 3 speed 2-door, Stock...
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:12 PM
My cavalier is pretty worn out dash is broken clear coat is all but gone and you can tell it's been around the block more then a few times lol..
The sunfire on the other hand is in pretty nice shape the interior is in amazing shape and on the outside it's got a few door dings here and there a nice new one on my driver side quarter panel and chips on the front from rocks and stuff.. But considering it's at almost 100k miles and a DD it's in pretty good shpe.
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:12 PM
cavogreen is that the cavalier your talking about in that pic? it looks good there . mine had one crack in the dash piece around the stereo it broke when putting the stereo in. one crack dead center on the plastic piece where the dash and windshield meets . two little rust holes about the size of my thumb on each side on rockers and where the quater panel meets rear b umper a litle rust there. couplet minor dents and a few scratches on hood and trunk from a damn cat I think itll all buff out though. I guess mines not to bad for its age
Monday, July 18, 2011 7:22 PM
mines better than it came from the showroom.

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:21 PM
I will say mine runs solid.Missing center caps on wheels(however) I have 4 brand NOS chrome centers I got several months ago,and saving install until front end work is done.Paint,not bad,faded some on hood,roof,trunk only,sides pretty good.Interior solid,orig stuff!,new hd unit and speakers and wiring for them,routed exact like oem yrs back.I won't ramble on anymore,the car is solid only needs my new axles both sides and trans seal for leaks done(have parts).It is 26 years old and most work I do is restore stuff due to age/wear.I think it is a ok as it sits garaged all the time.

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:43 PM
I'm suprised more people arent saying they have rust. all the cavaliers where I live are rusty , except a few exeptions and the newer ones all the ones older than 99 have rust
Monday, July 18, 2011 9:44 PM
Mine looks good in pictures. You can't see the clear coat fading and pealing or the door dings and shopping cart marks

Monday, July 18, 2011 10:09 PM
my car run perfect, but the actual body has it share if dents n dings.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:17 AM
dakota sutherland wrote:I'm suprised more people arent saying they have rust. all the cavaliers where I live are rusty , except a few exeptions and the newer ones all the ones older than 99 have rust

mine is rust free. but the paint is faded some and... small cracks in the lower door panels. My dash is perfect though!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:03 AM
I have the typical rocker rust. Just gotta do my patch panels. Not too hard.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:34 AM
mines okay for a 11 year old car with 115,000 miles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:18 AM
how do you fix the rust
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:40 AM
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:03 AM
Mine looks just like it does in the pics, so does my wife's..... My DD (SC'd Z24) is in decent shape, but needs paint and some repairs done on it from getting rear ended last year....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search