Toyota Cavalier - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Toyota Cavalier
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:17 PM
RHD is legal all day long in the US...

Customs on the other hand... A bunch of things have to be made US legal before it can be imported through customs...

i have found it is easier to find a RHD dash, subframe, PS Rack, and interior wiring, and convert an Automatic Z24 over to RHD, and then get the fenders, markers, tail lights, front corner lights, airbag/steering wheel, backseat, trunk liner, engine bay accessories, wheel center caps, badges, and owners manual... than it would be to import one...

You could convert an LN2 or any 5 speed over, but neither the LN2 engine nor the 5 speed transmission on the LD9 existed in stock form in japan. They all came Automatic with the LD9 engine.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:05 AM
ive wondered why the jap version got so many more ammenities etc.

basically, why bother with all the extra shiz? what was the equilivant of yen to US dollars for one over there versus here?

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:33 PM
just like the US, japan and other countries have standards... that cars have to meet. and we all know how "GOOD" the cavalier was haha

Friday, June 22, 2012 8:34 AM
yea, heaven forbid the trunk bottom be bare or the front fenders not have extra wheel clearance for stock wheels that we use without issue LOL

i get the rest though, creature comforts etc, "leather" wrapped steering wheel/shift knob, arm rest back seat.

and basically the rest is all functional, the folding mirrors are because japan has narrow roads so they need to be able to fold em in, etc. the flare for safety, the tow hook for those oh ish moments, RHD obviously because thats the way the country drives, and different tail lights to accommodate their traffic laws.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, June 22, 2012 5:45 PM
The fenders are a creature comfort... Japanese people don't like seeing their tires... ... why they didn't come up for something for the rear quarters is beyond me...

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:36 AM
this is a pic of my rhd toyota cavalier i recently got done a few months ago
Monday, June 25, 2012 5:39 AM

Monday, June 25, 2012 6:39 AM
I really want to do that sometime.

Error: Sig not found.

Monday, June 25, 2012 6:59 AM
go check out my post under photos and media there are a ton of pics of what i have been up too.
Monday, June 25, 2012 8:43 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:ive wondered why the jap version got so many more ammenities etc.

basically, why bother with all the extra shiz? what was the equilivant of yen to US dollars for one over there versus here?

what I'm shocked about is that GM didn't add some of the the "comfort" items into a certain model of the USDM one and jack the price up on it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, July 22, 2012 12:04 PM
Just spent three years in Japan. I think I only saw two running around while I was there. As far as getting one back to the states it takes changing a ton of things. Loads of money. And it's the same as bringing a car from the states over to there. But the one cavi I saw there for sale was only about 700 bucks.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:08 PM
The motor in the white car is from an MR2, or at least that's what he had me ask for when I talked to the shop that he got the motor from. He might have changed his mind while they were wheelin' and dealin'. As for updates... I now own the Axis wheels from that car as well

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:58 PM
http://www.bodykits.com/Pure/Body-Kits/Chevrolet-Cavalier-Pure-BMX-Style-Full-Body-Kit-_-P35012/631931/ is this close? I think its funny that car that was just unpopular has such a following in Here i just thought it was just a badge but i find out it had leather seats and steering wheel.
Friday, March 01, 2013 5:54 AM
Thats the Bomex kit, its not the same
Monday, March 04, 2013 7:28 PM
Want to know why you cant get a Toyo Cav in the US? Read this: Importing Gray Market Vehicles

Friday, March 22, 2013 9:11 PM
ok, so im confused why the japanese dont want to see their tires, do they want a damn hover car? the @!#$

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search