I cannot tell you how fed up I am... - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I cannot tell you how fed up I am...
Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:34 PM
question "It's just a Sunflower...bwahaha!! Why would you do that to THAT car?!"

answer " just so i could hear you whine like a little bitch about it"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:59 PM
I always get the "its just a cavalier, why would you want to do that".

It gets annoying but I just brush it off.

I'd rather work on an under dog car that doesn't have 500 aftermarket companies making parts for it.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, March 08, 2012 9:01 PM
When I'm asked, why did you put a turbo on a cavalier. I just tell them "do you know how @!#$ slow these cars are? That's why I put a turbo on it. I had to do something.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 9:25 PM
People bitch and moan about every platform. I used to get @!#$ like that when I had started on the Corolla. Eventually I just told them that the few parts I had were better for gas mileage and they'd piss off. Nevermind the fact that I beat the @!#$ out of it on a regular basis, and don't really care if I'm spending $40 or $400 on fuel in a month.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:31 PM
99redz24 wrote:haters gonna hate

QFT.

What I've found out over the years is it doesn't matter what you drive, there's always enough people that don't know anything about cars or YOUR PERSONAL WANTS. But the worst ones are the ones that DO know about cars but still judge you on your choice or try to burn you down.

This is the first car I owned (you can see my gf's red cav =D),

Got a lot of pleasant compliments on it, but there were still plenty of well why didn't you get a Z06, a manual, or a 02+ or a civic and boost it, or you're just compensating and generally just mean nasty things. I ran with a bunch of Honda guys (I was literally the only domestic car in my college car club) and most of them were cool.

I eventually got a DD from my sister after the first two winters with it not working out so well, I figured, it's a common car, I would blend in, no big deal.

Wrong, at lights, drive-thru's or anywhere car gazers coagulate, was more poop flinging.

It's something you'll always have to deal with if you have a "nice" car, and I don't mean a high-priced car, just one that looks modified or is very clean.

An example is when I detailed my Cav, the "Polish a turd" comments were everywhere.
Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:04 PM
Ha! Yeah I deal with this all the time. My car is at my shop being worked on by me little by little, when customer cars arent beating this piss outta me. And I get the "why a cavalier" question alot. I say the usual, its something diffrent and whatnot.

But, the best was a recent customer. He had a RX8 Shinka edition. Came in, had full header back exhaust, intake, brake lines, HKS pads, slotted and drilled rotors, and a tune done. Laid down a whole whopping 174 HP down on my dyno. He then started talking @!#$ about my car. I looked at him and laughed and said just this: "find it funny I like my Cavalier huh??" I then pointed to a black sunfire that was a customers in the back and continued to say " that little supercharged sunfire just laid down 189 hp on my dyno, and IIRC thats more then yours, hmmm. I guess me aiming for the 200HP mark will make MY cavalier faster then your car huh??" When I said that he just turned around and walked away. But reguardless, just gotta take the bad with the good. Either way, I always tell people I have to drive it, not you, so why do you care?

Friday, April 06, 2012 10:33 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Ha! Yeah I deal with this all the time. My car is at my shop being worked on by me little by little, when customer cars arent beating this piss outta me. And I get the "why a cavalier" question alot. I say the usual, its something diffrent and whatnot.

But, the best was a recent customer. He had a RX8 Shinka edition. Came in, had full header back exhaust, intake, brake lines, HKS pads, slotted and drilled rotors, and a tune done. Laid down a whole whopping 174 HP down on my dyno. He then started talking @!#$ about my car. I looked at him and laughed and said just this: "find it funny I like my Cavalier huh??" I then pointed to a black sunfire that was a customers in the back and continued to say " that little supercharged sunfire just laid down 189 hp on my dyno, and IIRC thats more then yours, hmmm. I guess me aiming for the 200HP mark will make MY cavalier faster then your car huh??" When I said that he just turned around and walked away. But reguardless, just gotta take the bad with the good. Either way, I always tell people I have to drive it, not you, so why do you care?

LOL. OMG, my old manager bought an RX8 after he drove my vette, but he wanted a "new" car, the dealership said this one would be close to as fast. His exact words after 2 months were "I shoulda just bought your car". Reasons being 1) It wasn't "fast" 14 second car (and very few drivers could actually get that time). 2) He was lucky to get 10mpg in the suburbs, best he got on the HWY was 18MPG @70mph 3) Apparently the Wankel's need oil to burn so you couldn't use synthetic (And confirmed his manual said DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC). 4) For such a tiny car it had the hugest blind spots thanks to the B-pillar and itty-bitty mirrors.

He had it for 8months before trading it in for a RSX. However I will say that it's shifter was one of the best stock ones I've ever used and at 9k RPM's sounds like a bat out of hell.
Friday, April 06, 2012 12:18 PM
Hey man I was there once, who cares as long as you like your car they can fall off the planet haha. hey i'll say it j-bodys are cheap cars and kinda junkie---stock junk lol---but I am on my fourth jbody so what's tht tell you haha i have fun with them. they really don't make power good but they are very fun body so when you do put a little power to them they can run pretty good. truth be told though it take like 600hp to get these terribly geared cars into the 10sec area. but as long as the owner likes it that all that matters....I hate my car and i'm still puting money and time into it...it's actually at the shop right now getting the exhaust finished up, and add a resonator to it, i hate the stupid buzzing honda turd sound...I have pacesetters into highflo cat, then the 2.5" burnout catback sounds awful, so hopefully this will do it

Mike that is exactly right "I have to drve it, so why do you care?" i love using that line haha, but so you know tht rx8 gearing is gonna take that car farther faster on less hp than the cavi....but thats awesome more power than that jerk has haha lovin it
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:06 PM
Let your haters be your motivators!
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:22 PM
96-Z.24 wrote:haters

I cant convey how much that term annoys me, mainly because someone will hack their car up and make it completely unsafe but when you try to advise them on making it safer/better they just call you a "hater". Not to mention it makes the user sound like an uneducated hood rat.

Error: Sig not found.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:49 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
96-Z.24 wrote:haters

I cant convey how much that term annoys me, mainly because someone will hack their car up and make it completely unsafe but when you try to advise them on making it safer/better they just call you a "hater". Not to mention it makes the user sound like an uneducated hood rat.

yes people are ignorant to common sense and safety anymore....umm it does sound pretty uneducated doesn't it? --haters, ugly word

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:27 AM
i get the usual "why a sunfire " or "why dont u sell it and get a fast car or honda" and my usual response is cuz i honestly love my car..i had a sunfire as my first car ever since its been in my blood..and not only that i wanted something diff. everybody and their momma has a honda...i am the only j in my area and its pretty cool.lol imo its...................JBODY FTW!

Monday, June 11, 2012 7:54 PM
People ask me what kinda car is that? I say cavalier. They say why would u do that to a cavalier? And I say... I deffiently Wouldn't take a cut off wheel and cut 4" out of a new car. Cavaliers are cheap enough in parts to where u can do w.e. to it. U can go crazier on them then u would on a 20,000 dollar car. I love to do custom body work... Use my imagination and skills... That's what wins shows.... I laugh when I pull into a show and park next to a 75'000 viper and I get more attention and compliments. That's what it's all about!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search