Looking to Upgrade to another J- Thoughts? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking to Upgrade to another J- Thoughts?
Saturday, June 23, 2012 4:31 PM
I have a 2000 Base, 3spd Auto, Silver, Sedan. Has 130k on it with AM/FM/XM(aftermarket)/CD... The good: Runs well despite the age, recently inspected, new gas tank, new pads/rotors. The bad: Subframe rusted beyond repair, rear end rotted out, jack cut outs crumble when jacking car up. Bumpers are Flat Black and have rock chips exposing the silver underneath as well as "speed tears" in the paint.

Looking to replace with: 2003 LSS, 5spd Manual, Silver, Coupe. 92k with AM/FM/Cassette/CD/XM(stock)... the Good: Clutch is in excellent shape for being original, no underside rust. The bad: Rotors are rusted, have LS(non-shiny) rims, Brake light is on 24/7 due to a pressure issue in the LF/RR (No, I didn't have the parking brake on the whole time )

Dealer wants $4790 for it and is offering $750 for my 2000.

Thoughts?

Re: Looking to Upgrade to another J- Thoughts?
Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:54 PM
Pretty pricey for what your getting....

Id be happy in the 4000 range and they fix the pressure sensor and rotors....
Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:21 PM
Philly D wrote:Pretty pricey for what your getting....

Id be happy in the 4000 range and they fix the pressure sensor and rotors....

This sounds nice. Dealerships around me are also offering $300 in gas with whatever you buy, try it out.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 2:09 PM
It's a used car lot, so I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen Twenty4z. Phil, are you talking 4000 before trade in addition to the pressure sensor and rotors? *If all else fails, I will replace the rotors on the LSS with my barely used rotors(~500 miles on them)*
Friday, August 03, 2012 9:05 PM
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but that sounds in average of what they are going for here...including private party....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:22 PM
Thanks to cash for clunkers, used prices have gone up three-fold in the last two years.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:23 PM
After careful consideration- I've decided to avoid the fairly used route and go "Nu-sed" or OTL with a hot hatch.

I'm looking into either a WRX Premium 5 or a GTI Conv/Sunroof 3 in Dark Grey.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search