decisions........ - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
decisions........
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:43 PM
Hey guys/gals,

Just curious as to what some common problems are for the l61 ecotec motor?

Also with the LD9 are the basic common problems for them the water pump, ooil pump, and the #3 bearing? anything Im missing?
I used to own a sunfire with the 2200 engine and know a fair bit about them but now I am looking at buying another j-body, will be a cavalier this time though and dont knw much about the L61 and LD9 engines? thanks.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: decisions........
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:27 PM
The only real issues the eco can have is timing issues.

Upgrade to the revised timing tensioner and all will be ok.
Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:05 PM
bump guys.......

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:31 PM
I've owned all the engines over the years, and the one reason I'd stick to an Ecotec... if you have to replace anything, the latest is always easier to find parts to work on it. The Ecotec (albeit in a slightly modified form) is still being used in cars...

I used to be a die-hard LD9 fan.. then I realized how much easier the L61 is to work on. I just did an Eco water pump for the first time.. and it was in and out in three hours. Not a chance on the LD9. A few years ago.. when my 2.4L crapped out on me in my daily driver, I put an Eco in (and it was a 98... had to do the whole wiring harness... but it was worth it) and drove it hard, never had a problem, and sold it to a new owner like that. 2.4L parts, especially low-mileage replacement engines, are hard to come by in my area. And expensive.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search