Looking for a changelog 95-05 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for a changelog 95-05
Monday, June 17, 2013 9:36 PM
Anyone have a changlog for jbodies that goes into detail between 95-05. I am looking for cosmetic chafes interior and exterior. I do not need engine info.

For example
95-96 have glove box lights
95-97 black headliner
02 painted mirrors and door handles
02 ls sport lips
02-05 wheel well liners

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Looking for a changelog 95-05
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:15 AM
heh. We could probably crowd-source this right here.

I believe 03 got a trunk release switch by the driver's knee. 2000 got a new center console. 2003 Sunfires got a new dash pad with round vents.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:24 AM
John Lenko probably has it committed to memory!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:54 AM
My 97 sunfire has glove box light
00+ have a different lower dash
00+ can have a trunk release button in the lower dash, 95-99 can have a lever by the drivers seat
00+ can have a factory amp, XM, and Onstar
03+ can have side impact air bags
95 sunfires can have red interior
Verts can have white or brown vinyl seats and interior accents
There was an option for teal interior and a lighter aqua. Seats, dash, console and other interior pieces.
95-96 sunfires had padded interior quarter panel covers
95-96 5-speed cars had a jack shaft
The center console changed (slightly) for 97 sunfires
There was an option for a deluxe dome lamp and rear view mirror with courtesy lamps (all verts had this mirror)
95-99 sunfires could have leather wrapped steering wheels, emergency brake, and shift handles, as well as steering wheel controls

I'm sure someone like Lenko or MDenforcer would know more

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:11 AM
I think some of those are wrong. I believe the trunk button came in 02 or 03. Same with XM/Onstar.

What's a jack shaft?

I think the mirrors with lights came on all the cars with a sunroof (and convertibles as you said).

Far as I know, ALL years of Sunfires had leather wheel/brake handle on the top trim.

I've never seen the brown vinyl seats!! Anyone got pics??

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:19 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:I think some of those are wrong. I believe the trunk button came in 02 or 03. Same with XM/Onstar.

What's a jack shaft?

I think the mirrors with lights came on all the cars with a sunroof (and convertibles as you said).

Far as I know, ALL years of Sunfires had leather wheel/brake handle on the top trim.

I've never seen the brown vinyl seats!! Anyone got pics??

It came in 02, I put an 02 dash in my car from an ls sport.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:32 AM
It came in 02 at least

An intermediate axle shaft, the right side had two shafts instead of one long one

I believe your right

I've only heard about it, I could be completely wrong though

And thinking of it, isn't it 03 when they only came with tan headliners? I know in 03 thy changed the headliner design (made it thicker), and they changed the A pillars and quarter panel covers to accomadate.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:58 AM
I know the headliners were tan in 00-02 as well. I think the dark ones only came earlier. I recovered mine. And I put in a better trunk switch. Screw those guys. I think mine came from a Malibu or something but I changed it from blue/green to red and put it in the glove box rather than by my knee.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:24 AM
Nic Crosby wrote:My 97 sunfire has glove box light
00+ have a different lower dash
00+ can have a trunk release button in the lower dash, 95-99 can have a lever by the drivers seat
00+ can have a factory amp, XM, and Onstar
03+ can have side impact air bags
95 sunfires can have red interior
Verts can have white or brown vinyl seats and interior accents
There was an option for teal interior and a lighter aqua. Seats, dash, console and other interior pieces.
95-96 sunfires had padded interior quarter panel covers
95-96 5-speed cars had a jack shaft
The center console changed (slightly) for 97 sunfires
There was an option for a deluxe dome lamp and rear view mirror with courtesy lamps (all verts had this mirror)
95-99 sunfires could have leather wrapped steering wheels, emergency brake, and shift handles, as well as steering wheel controls

I'm sure someone like Lenko or MDenforcer would know more

There is a sun fire at a junkyard near me with a bright blue interior. I was like what is the the 70-80s? I know it was factory and it sure was ugly.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:43 AM
Are you sure it's not the teal one we know of? I've never seen a blue one.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:06 PM
It was this color or close too it. Everything inside, seats, trim, carpet, even the exterior. If its there next time I go back I will take a picture of it.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=644&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=8q7AUY2dIsWn4AOH0YGIAw&q=blue+car+interior&oq=blue+car+interior&gs_l=img.3..0l2j0i5l2j0i24l3.12407.12 948.0.13581.6.6.0.0.0.3.196.596.0j4.4.0...0.0...1c.1.17.img.nJ0f0kyhtyI#biv=i%7C82%3Bd%7CNtwLVpiVPN-YwM%3A

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:46 PM
Wow!! Definitely get pics!!

I've never seen anything like it in a 3rd gen!!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:30 PM
I've never compiled a list... but maybe it's time. There is always the Media Archvies on the GM history site... here's a link to the 96 Cavalier "what's new" list:

http://archives.media.gm.com/division/chevrolet/products/archive_prod_info/pguide/cavalier/cavwhats.htm
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search