What the heck just happened?! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What the heck just happened?!
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:04 PM
Welcome to the new JBO! We've been working on this new design for a few months now, and after lots of trial and error, testing and so forth, we are finally live!

This is a complete redesign. No code was left untouched. As such you will probably find lots of new little features here and there and everywhere. It is also just the beginning. There will be a lot of new features coming in the next few days, months and years. A lot of the longest requested changes will finally be getting done. The forums will have lots of cool new stuff. The FAQ and Classifieds will be integrated with the forum. The member profiles will have massive new features and will be integrated all over the site. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

Since this is the first time all of this is being pushed to a large audience, and based on the fact that I don't trust my beta testers, there may still be bugs. If you come across something that is just not working right, first try clicking refresh. If that doesn't work, post it here, or if it is of a sensitive nature, use the CONTACT US link at the bottom.

For now, look around, enjoy, let us know what you think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:06 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: What the heck just happened?!
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:07 PM
I like it, a more defined separation between posts would be handy tho...I feel like it all kinda blurs into one big text blob with members without signatures.

Thats my only gripe.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:13 PM
It'll take some getting used to. Not a big fan of the drop-arrows at the top though. But I can't complain, this website has helped me with alot!

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:19 PM
Yeah, it's fine except the drop down arrows.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:21 PM
I like it! A bit of change for the better. Out with the old and in with some new for a change.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:49 PM
Probably some nice new features, but the initial visual concept isnt nearly as friendly. The other set up had everything right there. Very quick to navigate. This seems like it has a lot less on screen at once and a lot more scrolling required (posts blend a lot more too).

But like anything else, takes getting used to and as said before, I support the community..so I wont kick and scream too much...lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:50 PM

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:22 PM
I'm on the same wave length as Newt on this one, but with or without a signature doesn't matter. The whole thing just blends together. Give me a week and I'm sure I'll adjust. Now to see if anyone actually uses the spell check.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:33 PM
Definitely in need of something to distinguish between posters, it's a massive blur.

I do like the drop down arrows, but a catch-22 is on a small laptop screen (like the one I am currently on), combined with the logo, it takes up a considerable amount of precious screen real estate. Perhaps there could be a button on the bar to hide or minimize the banner and an option to have it minimized or exposed on log in.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:38 PM
The JBO "logo" bar covers over whatever is behind it. Open a profile and it covers the top. Is it supposed to slide up, or disappear or something?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:43 PM
And.... after a refresh it looks ok. I also tried a complete browser closure and it works now too. Not sure what happened the first go around.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:55 PM
I too noticed that there isn't enough distinguishing between posts.

Also, I just had trouble using the picture function through PM. When you click to add a picture and then type in the link, you hit ok,and nothing happens

EDIT: I should add that I just manually typed in and [\img] and it worked fine. Just that it wouldn't do it automatically by clicking on the picture button and pasting the link in like usual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:01 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:59 PM
The latest change done since going live with this looks much better. Banner was too dark before, but much better now.

Also noticed in some forums that one or two posts will be bold as if a new post, but when you hit mark read nothing changes.

Also I just tried spell checker, it brought up another tab but nothing showed.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:16 PM
Blue logo banner is much better, still takes up a lot of screen space, but doesn't feel as constricting now.....if that makes sense.

New separations between posters is nice. Minimal but very effective.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:05 PM
I like it!
Is there a possibility of a phone app
New jbo stickers come with a new site?
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:08 PM
Ugh I need a sig now my post looks bland now sigh photoshoot this weekend
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:32 PM
Always thought less was more, I'll adapt I'm sure.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:33 PM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:I like it!
Is there a possibility of a phone app
New jbo stickers come with a new site?

I would love some JBO decals as well.

Also love the new look of the site. Good to see some support for our old platform, even if it is just a website refresh.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:41 PM
I am also thinking posts are not as easy to distinguish between each other. Needs something to separate them better... or a darker background. I like the banner up top, but I miss the "old blue" color scheme. Spell checked worked it seems

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:58 PM
=)

Changes are good... i still wish i could shrink the top banner... =P

EDIT: another bug... i no longer see the regional forums on the side member bar... i had North-east, Mid-east, and South-east...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:05 PM
screen shot of said bug

Could we also get a check box to embed uploaded images in to the post when attached... instead of going back and editing them to add the image embedded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:06 PM
Attachments
FORUM BUG.JPG (8k)

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:26 PM
Well this is interesting.
I agree with 2 things others have said so far.
Make posts more distinguishable, and make the logo at the top collapsable for those of us NOT on gigantor screens

Otherwise, it's cool. I'ma go poke around

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:07 PM
New revision looks good. Minimal distinction between posts but its more than enough to break up the posts.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:28 PM
Site looks good takes some getting use to.

Problem:
Every time someone sends me a PM i get 3 of them. Some times all dated the same time or 1-2mins apart and the email notifications no longer work for PMs.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:53 PM
Kyle (GME Chat) wrote:=)

Changes are good... i still wish i could shrink the top banner... =P

EDIT: another bug... i no longer see the regional forums on the side member bar... i had North-east, Mid-east, and South-east...

Well there's pretty much nobody in the northwest region so they probably just said eh screw it because everyone else is on the other side of the country. Lol just kidding, there's maybe two or three members from up here.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:33 PM
i don't get it, what's the difference?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search