2003 cavalier questions. Gauge cluster dieing - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 cavalier questions. Gauge cluster dieing
Monday, March 28, 2016 8:01 PM
Hello everyone.

So I'm new to the cavalier world. Not new to the ecotec platform though. I've owned a 2.2 cobalt and a 2.0 turbo cobalt sedan.

I'm looking at buying a 2003 cavalier from a friend of mine. It's and auto, 2003 cavalier with 106k on it. My buddy bought it from a kid who had a big sound system, well maybe not big but he had a system in it. I don't knowif the kid had no idea what he was doing or what but whenever you turn the fan on, the gauge cluster goes dead. The car don't die, it runs just fine and dandy, but whenever you turn the fan on for the heat or AC, the gauge cluster goes dead. I'm trying to find out more info about this problem and hopefully will see this car in person, but for now this is all the info I have.

Any suggestions on where to even start on looking for a problem?

It's really not a huge deal. I plan on buying this car and driving it until it dies. It's mechanically sound. But it's just an issue I would like to try to fix because I'd have a feeling it would drive me nuts lol

I don't think the wires areally in the car for a sound system anymore. I was thinking maybe the ground was coming in contact with something. But I'm not sure.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search