2003 Cavalier Fog Lights Install - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 Cavalier Fog Lights Install
Friday, October 28, 2016 9:32 PM
I have a 2003 Cavalier Base, it didn't have fog lights, I just bought some brand new ones, how the hell do I install them into the bumper? Do I cut the three bars out from the fog light holes? I can't find @!#$ on what to do, it's pissing me off, I don't wanna start cutting and @!#$ everything up, just wanna do it the right way. Someone please help... Thnaks

Re: 2003 Cavalier Fog Lights Install
Thursday, November 03, 2016 4:18 PM
I was looking at doing this too and unfortunately only the Sport bumper (with the bottom lip molding) actually has the proper mounting points for fog lights. The base bumper has nothing to actually screw the lights into and there's nothing behind those three bars. So if you cut the bars, you would have to either make yourself a bracket or something like that.

During my research I actually came across a post on this forum of someone who added "Harbor Freight" fog lights to their base Cavalier by only removing the middle bar and wedging the fog lights into it.

You can find that post here: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=391869&t=391869
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search