location of next years bash - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: location of next years bash
Monday, November 14, 2005 9:46 PM
I think the main problem is that the Bash has been less and less profitable every year which makes it really hard on tim and tonya to keep doing it. I for one don't even OWN a J-body but would gladly pay TWICE what the registration was last year to make sure that we have one again this year. I've been to the last two bashes and had an awesome time. And lordstown or E-town would definitely get my vote. Thompson may not have been the greatest track but it was laid back and everybody had a good time even if they weren't as fast as they were at home.

For reference, one day of waterfest registration (admission, and then the cost of one event, either the show, drag race, autox, SPL comp, etc.) is $35, and look how many people show up to that every year, over 400 cars and people drive all the way from canada for that as well. That was what we paid for 2 days last year, no wonder they couldn't break even. I know J-body people tend to be cheap but come on, paying $60 or so for a 2 day event is still a plenty fair price and would insure more bashes to come. Just something to think about guys. I hope Tim or Tonya sees this and knows that we still support them and are willing to help.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:46 PM
^^^^^^^that might have been the best post of this thread. I totally agree with you, i have yet to be at a Jbody bash, and i would love to go, and i would def. pay twice what they offered for last years event. I hope Tim and Tonya see this as well, cuz that would be a whole lot better turn out if they did that then last years! Keeping my fingers crossed tho!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:24 PM
^^^ Agreed. Two years ago I registered and wasn't even able to make the meet. I would pay more for registration for sure, maybe they could also make it possible to donate to a paypal account or somethin too.

-Chris
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:13 AM
How about we bring it west more cavaliers are over here and bring it to the north west like oregon r washington or idaho.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:36 AM
i Say somewhere south just becuase its below sea level and runing our cars will be better... for our times aleast.
i want to go to nj just becuase...of this reason.. or somewhere south.town nj.
i bet that everyone even QBE would show up cause he wont drive more than 2 hours anywhere!
lol

i vote englishtown 100%

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:20 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:I think the main problem is that the Bash has been less and less profitable every year which makes it really hard on tim and tonya to keep doing it. I for one don't even OWN a J-body but would gladly pay TWICE what the registration was last year to make sure that we have one again this year. I've been to the last two bashes and had an awesome time. And lordstown or E-town would definitely get my vote. Thompson may not have been the greatest track but it was laid back and everybody had a good time even if they weren't as fast as they were at home.

For reference, one day of waterfest registration (admission, and then the cost of one event, either the show, drag race, autox, SPL comp, etc.) is $35, and look how many people show up to that every year, over 400 cars and people drive all the way from canada for that as well. That was what we paid for 2 days last year, no wonder they couldn't break even. I know J-body people tend to be cheap but come on, paying $60 or so for a 2 day event is still a plenty fair price and would insure more bashes to come. Just something to think about guys. I hope Tim or Tonya sees this and knows that we still support them and are willing to help.
man I agree and to be totaly honest I bet if they have it around St Louis or Kansas city 1.Tim and Tonya would be closer to home 2. it would be bigger cause more people from out west will show up and I wouldnt mind to pay 60 or 75 for a 2 day event. Those people on the east cost need to realize that there are just as many people out west as on the east coast, Im not trying to be a hater I just want to get the opprotunity to meet as many people from here as I can.and yes I hope that Tim gets to see this cause I am sure that most of us wouldnt mind to help him.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Sunday, November 27, 2005 9:10 PM
I think St. Louis would be a reasonable place to hold it. It is basically in the middle of the country, and just about anyone can get there without driving for more than a day. But, it's not my call. I just want Tim to organize it and not let a few bad eggs spoil the fun for the rest of us. I would be willing to pay twice the admission if that's what it takes.

On a side note, it would be slightly better to have it in the fall or spring. The middle of July is just too hot. It sucks to be outside and sweating. Not good for the track times either...
Sunday, November 27, 2005 9:17 PM
have it in chicago
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:27 AM
We have recently heard rumors of a group posing to be involved with the GMSC Bash contacting companies and individuals to gain support for an event in Canada. Please be adviced that they are not affiliate with the GM Small Car Bash.

For the latest and ACCURATE information, please check the GMSC Bash web site at http://www.gmsmallcarbash.com.

Thanks,
Tim

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:28 AM
Wow. I can't type for anything today now that I reread that.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:51 AM
dang, all these places are 8-9 hrs away from me...
bring em back to the bottom of the map lol

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:07 PM
I have never been to a bash but I was planning on making 06 my first year and I know of atleast 30 people in my group of friend who would gladly go and enter their cars and pay whatever the fee is ... i think we should have one

Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:24 PM
I think $60 isnt bad for 2 days. Even cheap jb owners can save that as of now. im sure by the time the bash comes 60 dollars can be raised. i'll defenitely pay it. It would be my FIRST BASH in 2006. and im hoping to go with members of my new club.
Raul, cofounder,jbknights.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:52 AM
i would pay whatever they wanted i too have been to the last two bashes and had a blast and i was hoping to show of caviteks new look at the 06 bash so tim i hope things are starting to look up for an 06 bash...PLEASE????

Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:52 PM
Heh...

Come to the "Lenko Bash"... in Vancouver BC...

Monday, December 26, 2005 12:15 AM
John...Corey mentioned something about you wanting to go to Vegas as a "Bash." Is this true? If so I'm sure we could get a bunch of people to meet us out there just because of you.

I vote for Las Vegas, Nevada on July 14-16. I'll be there anyways for a NHRA race and I think everyone needs to come out and cheer me on. Hell what better place then Vegas for a bash...at least for those of us over 21

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:05 PM
I would be up for lordstown again....that was a good time........oh the memories

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:27 AM
does anyone know a possible date for the bash?? i have to take my vacation time in advance and would like to plan to be there, wherever it is

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:59 PM
A Vegas Bash would be pimp! I don't know how my Cav would like the 5000+ mile road trip but I'd LOVE to go back there again!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:09 PM
Quote:

Jefferson, WI to Las Vegas, NV

Total Est. Time: 25 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1754.92 miles

I'm Game!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:20 PM
where's Tim so we can know for sure!! TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM come back here and tell us there's a BASH!!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:27 PM
Owned ....

Start: New London, Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
End: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Total Distance: 2738.0 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 40 hours, 30 minutes

Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:38 PM
your best bet is to go to the bash website instead of just guessing over here.

last time i checked there was no bash for this year do to tim having a kid. it is coming back in 07 but check the bash site if you want to know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:26 PM
BORGS wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:hey if theres no bash, just go the JCO bash up in Canada I hear its just as good of an event, thats what i plan on doing

You won't be disapointed.

We had over 220+ J-bodies this year back in June.

This will be the 8th JCO J-body bash and every year it gets better.

Keep an eye on this site in the future for updates:

http://www.j-body.com/bash/

i think that website is down, have to try again later - but there's a really good chance i'm going to this bash, AND the drinking age is only 19!!! (know most of you are prolly well over 21, but i'm not - so looking forward to it) PLUS i'm only 9hrs away!
woot, woot

"don't race ebraking idiot honda drivers" - BlackEco
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:02 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:I think the main problem is that the Bash has been less and less profitable every year which makes it really hard on tim and tonya to keep doing it. I for one don't even OWN a J-body but would gladly pay TWICE what the registration was last year to make sure that we have one again this year. I've been to the last two bashes and had an awesome time. And lordstown or E-town would definitely get my vote. Thompson may not have been the greatest track but it was laid back and everybody had a good time even if they weren't as fast as they were at home.

yea but man, you an i both know its a volkswagon thing.. its like a religion lol

-marc

..smacked the whine right outa the bltch..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search