A thank you to Paul - Page 2 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A thank you to Paul
Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:16 PM
Matt Gorman wrote:yes who all won??

The final round results are posted on the track's website.

http://dragway42.com/#072807story

We are sure glad that everyone had a good time and hope to see you again next year!

=============================================================
Dragway 42 - Celebrating Our 50th Anniversary Season in 2007

Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:38 PM
Jason wrote:Thanks Paul for the work you and your staff did. I had a great time for the short time I stayed ( rainstorm/microburst and all ). I will try to stay longer next year and maybe even register my car as more people liked it that I thought.

I wish I had some other peoples telephone numbers so I didn't waste the trip to the track on Friday, but that is my fault

Thanks for Kevin and Jeremy for letting me hang out with the JBOM.

No problem buddy!

Because STOCK is boring...
Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:48 PM
BIG thanks to paul...

I have already told you in person..

but not only did this man put on one of the best, if not the best bash I have attended, he also got my car home..

I know when we talked we wanted this one to be about the people again, and getting together to share a common intrest, and I belive that was accomplished more than even I could have ever imagined..

A big thanks goes out to everyone else that threw in a hand to try and get me going again...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Sunday, July 29, 2007 7:54 PM
what happened to yer car?

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, July 29, 2007 7:59 PM
well it is 10:21 central time and i have been home for about an hour and left ohio at about 9:30 ohio time the 12 hour drive was totally worth it and i will be back

THANK YOU PAUL

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:01 PM
yes paul thanks a LOT for reigniting the bash flame. this year was by far the most memorable and best I've ever attended.

next year, if you want I can help out with the quick 8 setup and have it a bit more organized. Maybe if attendance is greater, we can get a quick 16 going on

but yea, guys, it was great meeting everybody, I had a wonderful time and look forward to next year!

SEE YOU AT THE BASH

Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:13 PM
Was just writing something very much like this in the General forum, but before I hit "Post".... I hit search instead

Thank you a TON Paul!!!

I love seeing all you guys, hitting the track, and staying up all night with Canadians..... cant wait to do it again next year. As always, one weekend is just to damn short.

Where ever, When ever...... I've been to 6 bashes since '01, and plan on going again next year.

I'd like to also thank PJ for helping out with the Quick 8, DTP and Radio Wave Dave for staying up and giving "Team GREEN" a place to crash @ 3am Friday night, and to all the guys and girls who made the trip out, rain or shine, crappy track or not (The Bash has been held at worse tracks....).

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:29 PM
just wanted 2 say thanks paul. i had a great time even though i couldnt stay 4 the racing but we deff need 2 start 2 organize another bash again next year.

http://www.myspace.com/xtremegravity http://www.cardomain.com/ride/833995
Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:50 PM
ExESIVE FIRE now with CTS wrote:BIG thanks to paul...

I have already told you in person..

but not only did this man put on one of the best, if not the best bash I have attended, he also got my car home..

Glad I could help trailer your car back home. We got back to town around 2am. Hope you get it back up and running. For anyone wondering I was the guy in the Dark Green Mustang V6 car.

No Replacement for Displacement....

Talk is cheap......Horsepower is not cheap!
Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:57 PM
I'll be honest guys...I'm speechless, relieved, sad, and eager all at once.

I'll be making a post of my afterthoughts and such.

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE! COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YA!!!

Sunday, July 29, 2007 9:08 PM
major thanx paul. first bash and had a great time! cant wait to do this again. had a great time meeting a lot of new people, not to mention all the beautiful j's. nevermind the rain, great bash!

Sunday, July 29, 2007 11:02 PM
Seriously, Paul, you really do rule for stepping up and having the balls to take on a task of this magnitude. What is it they always say about fortune favoring the brave? I'm pretty sure you proved that this weekend bro. We sure as hell can't say everything went smoothly, but we all rolled with the punches, and even after people got damage from flying trees and shingles, I STILL didn't hear anyone really get down about things and I sure as hell didn't hear one complaint.

Also, thanks to Dragway 42 for working us in even though our timeslot was rained out and letting us run the quick 8's. It was really cool that you guys took the extra effort to actually announce our being there and even to sign up on the forums to keep us updated. By far the best reception from a track that I can remember getting.

I had an absolute blast at my 3rd, and without a doubt, favorite Bash... And I still have yet to bring my own J! It just goes to show that whether the car is there or not, finished or not, the bash is about people getting together and having a great time. It really made me smile to see all you crazy m-er f-er's running out into that monsoon to save Phewes' car from the flying debris, thats the kind of brotherhood that made me want to sign up here and get involved with this community in the first place!

Highlights of the weekend:

Finding out that you can buy Taco Bell and Corona in THE SAME BUILDING in the great state of Ohio

Finally meeting the boys from Team Green, Chris (Sweetness) + Darren + Crew, Ragin Z, Josh + Liz, Ben Wenzel, etc. etc. etc. Anyone there who I didn't really introduce myself too, I was the guy with the video camera pretty much glued to my hand for the weekend, following PJ around.

Seeing how everyone came together to save Phewes' car and then clean up the hotel lot after the monsoon

Seeing SRZ break into the 12's on a turbo setup he finished 24 hours before the Bash

Getting to see my first live 3800 S/C w/ 4T65E 3rd Gen, sorry I didn't get your name bro but you're a cool dude and you get much respect from me!

Chillin in the "Team Green Suite"

Drinking Killians in the parking lot of the hotel with the crazy canadians, RaginZ, and Speedracer Z, out of my SWWEEEET rocket-ship sippy cup that I got from Dennys

Attending a Bash where it literally seemed like boosted cars outnumbered NA cars

Finally getting to see PJ square off with Ben Wenzel, too bad for Ben's trans problems I wanted to see real heads up race out of it

Geez, I know there's so much more but I'll be here all night, so a quick thanks again to Paul, Dragway 42, the Holiday Inn Express (for putting up with our all-night parking lot partying and not once calling the cops on us), oh and to Phewes for that ice-cold Molson at 3am-ish on sunday morning when I ran out of beer, thanks bro!.

I can't wait for next year, and Paul, just like I told you, if you need anything for next year me and PJ will be glad to help out as much as we can.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, July 29, 2007 11:31 PM
Great times thanks again Paul!

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:40 AM
"reigniting the bash flame"

I think you were able to do that on your own PJ !!!!!!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 30, 2007 9:32 AM
Mucho love to Pauly...Had a wonderfull time...

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, July 30, 2007 9:53 AM
Jersey J, that was my boy Devon with the 3800 s/c!! Very cool dude.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:01 AM
Jersey J, was awesome meeting you..... had a blast hanging out.

Dave, was also great meeting you, hope you get the oiling issue worked out, you have one hell of a car!

It was also great to see Devon again, and his car really inspired us (Team GREEN) to start a 3800 S/C swap of our own.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, July 30, 2007 10:19 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:Jersey J, was awesome meeting you..... had a blast hanging out.

Dave, was also great meeting you, hope you get the oiling issue worked out, you have one hell of a car!

It was also great to see Devon again, and his car really inspired us (Team GREEN) to start a 3800 S/C swap of our own.

Thanks Brian, great meeting you as well.. Your car is unbelievable, I had no Idea you had that little snail on your 2.4 That right there and the times you put down inspired me to keep on truckin to get my motor running great and try to pull 12's like you did..

Ill Pass the message on to Devon, he barely has Internet, he gets on it with his cell phone lol.

306 TQ
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:41 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Also, thanks to Dragway 42 for working us in even though our timeslot was rained out and letting us run the quick 8's. It was really cool that you guys took the extra effort to actually announce our being there and even to sign up on the forums to keep us updated. By far the best reception from a track that I can remember getting.

Jersey Jay (and everyone else)...

We were happy to play host to your event.

Thanks for recognizing that very few other tracks would have done anything other than say "Sorry Charlie" about the weather situation and the schedule. We pride ourselves on trying to get each and every event run to a conclusion, whether it is a local program where people traveled 50 miles to race or something like yours where people traveled 10 times that distance.

If the 2nd Annual GM Tuner Bash is held at Dragway 42 we can certainly help get the word out to the J-Bodies in our area. There are a ton of them that are regulars at our trophy programs as well as our test and tune events that would have loved to participate in an event with like minded racers.

Good luck to all and hopefully we will see you again next year!

Dragway 42 - Celebrating Our 50th Anniversary Season in 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007 12:24 PM
Thank You Paul! I for one with the most damage to my car I still had a blast this year. I really liked just catching up with everyone since I've kinda been out of the loop for a while. I should have the TRD Cav Fire out there next year for sure wherever we hold this event. I'm really going to push to get it done in time. I don't know if the paint will be there, but it will be hitting some low numbers I hope with the people I've asked for help on putting everything together. Thanks again for everyones help..

Monday, July 30, 2007 1:38 PM
I almost forgot....

DTP IDB!!!!!!!!

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Monday, July 30, 2007 1:46 PM
I think this bash and seeing the old car again has inspired me to do something special, its prob going to take 2 years and I'll need to get a part time job to finance the project. I've realized where my real passion is and its right here with all of you.

Im going to build Decibel 2!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:20 PM
^^Good to hear man.

306 TQ
Monday, July 30, 2007 4:48 PM
Cant wait for the 2nd Gm tuner bash!!!!

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:56 PM
Thanks Paul, It was my 6th bash and the best. It made me want to start tuning my Z again. That and driving speedracer Z for 7 hours back to Wisconsin. I liked how this bash was not clickie, everyone seemed to get along. I'm glad we rolled in at 3a.m. and miss that storm. Thanks to everyone that made this weekend the best bash to date. Hope to see you all next year. Next year Team GREEN will try to show up in full affect. From the sounds of it have 2 new projects in the working.

FYI Paul there a awesome track 30 min from my house, TG will even donate body to help things run. (well we would be glad to help no matter where its at)

Dugan
'98 Z24 15.0 1/4 all motor
Team GREEN
Member of <a href="http://www.wisconsin-js.com"> Wisc_Jbodies</a>
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search