Working on cars at the bash? - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Working on cars at the bash?
Monday, July 14, 2008 9:20 AM
I will have my low pro jack with me as well as a full complement of tools. For those of you with L61/LSJ superchargers looking to do pulley swaps I will also have my pulley boys tensioner tool with me which makes the job 10x easier. Note I also have a almost new M62 I'll be looking to sell off. Any planned last min projects for anyone going there?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: Working on cars at the bash?
Monday, July 14, 2008 10:11 AM
Dude, it's cool that you are bringing tools.

You know something is bound to break on somebody's car.

Be it little or big...

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Monday, July 14, 2008 10:33 AM
Sweet, ill have a truck full of tools as well.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 14, 2008 10:59 AM
I am so relieved to hear there will be tools at the bash. I hope and pray I am not the one that needs them.

The more tools the better guys.

On second thought if there is time I will be swapping pulleys on the dyno. MD-LD9 crank and alt pulleys that is. So Ummm I might need to use those tools after all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 14, 2008 11:02 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:23 PM
Ill be sure to bring the crank socket then lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 14, 2008 12:43 PM
It shouldn't take more than an hour to swap the crank, but I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to swap the alternator pulley......because the supercharger is kinda in the way. No sure if the m45 needs to be moved or not. Someone that has changed it with the the charger installed needs to say.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 14, 2008 12:48 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:It shouldn't take more than an hour to swap the crank, but I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to swap the alternator pulley......because the supercharger is kinda in the way. No sure if the m45 needs to be moved or not. Someone that has changed it with the the charger installed needs to say.

an hour? I could swap crank pulleys in like 15 minutes lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:49 PM
it was fine. You don't have to take off the charger or anything, you can do it with just pulling the belt off.

I will bring my m45 to sell too then. I have everything for it.

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:03 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:I will have my low pro jack with me as well as a full complement of tools. For those of you with L61/LSJ superchargers looking to do pulley swaps I will also have my pulley boys tensioner tool with me which makes the job 10x easier. Note I also have a almost new M62 I'll be looking to sell off. Any planned last min projects for anyone going there?

is this like a peace offering to everyone you've pissed off?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:05 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:It shouldn't take more than an hour to swap the crank, but I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to swap the alternator pulley......because the supercharger is kinda in the way. No sure if the m45 needs to be moved or not. Someone that has changed it with the the charger installed needs to say.

MD-LD9

Bring your calipers, so you can measure my overdrive crank pulley

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Monday, July 14, 2008 1:05 PM
Phil aka QBE wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I will have my low pro jack with me as well as a full complement of tools. For those of you with L61/LSJ superchargers looking to do pulley swaps I will also have my pulley boys tensioner tool with me which makes the job 10x easier. Note I also have a almost new M62 I'll be looking to sell off. Any planned last min projects for anyone going there?

if thats the case, what are you bringing Phil? You buying everyone their alcohol for the weekend?

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:22 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

MD-LD9

Bring your calipers, so you can measure my overdrive crank pulley

No need I know all the dimensions, and its easy to calculate the diameter....unless you want to know what yours is, but I can not bring my big calipers from work though...just my 0-6" calipers.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 14, 2008 1:47 PM
I would like to know what the exact diameter is. I believe it is close to a 10% overdrive

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Monday, July 14, 2008 1:49 PM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:
Phil aka QBE wrote:

if thats the case, what are you bringing Phil? You buying everyone their alcohol for the weekend?

i was thinking the samething with both of them

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, July 14, 2008 1:53 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Phil aka QBE wrote:

that would save me a ton of money if someone bought me my booze

Monday, July 14, 2008 2:34 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Phil aka QBE wrote:

xINFINITY

Monday, July 14, 2008 4:25 PM
no one has pissed me off but you are more then willing to buy my beer

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Monday, July 14, 2008 4:28 PM
hey since people are bringing shtuff to sell anyone want 4 black 17" Falken Torque 5's with descent tires

Monday, July 14, 2008 5:09 PM
Can I sell myself???

Monday, July 14, 2008 5:16 PM
lets have a swap meet!!!

hahahaha

Monday, July 14, 2008 5:28 PM
im only posting to see if someone wants em if there is no interest im not hauling them out there

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:47 PM
One of the cool things about the bash is always the hard work that takes place and the past few years and ive enjoyed being a part of that. Someone is always tuning or installing something. Break downs are inevitable. Most ppl dont have a problem with me in person, I've even helped Hypsy from getting his ass kicked before. Its the freaking internet.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:54 PM
Well, not that I expect asking YOU for anything to get me very far.... BUT since you mentioned bringing your jack, if you or anyone else can guarantee that I can use their jack/stands to change to and from racing tires, that would help a TON with the roll bar, 2 10 pound nitrous bottles, and trunk mounted battery, storage space is VERY minimal for me.

So if at all possible, is someone going to be at the track on racing day with a breaker bar and jack? I know Matt just said he has a jack, and I know Paul is probably bringing one. But I hope one of you, or maybe someone else has a pair of jack stands too. I don't want to do it without stands and I don't know how much room I'm going to have with the tires and bags of clothes and booze. Thanks to anyone who can assure me that I will be covered on those things

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, July 14, 2008 8:57 PM
and he's also bringing parts to rebuild the rear end lol

Monday, July 14, 2008 10:44 PM
Hahaha...yeah. I am. That is the one part I am most worried about. The brandy new clutch and Tremec trans should be good to go *crosses fingers*. But that rear end is a little delicate right now. I have priced out a new carrier and axles, but I will be bringing a rebuild kit and gears and oil for sure.

Like I said though. I can bring my slicks, skinnies, and our bags, and of course the rear end parts. Other than that, Since this thread exists, I would like some reassurance that someone will have a working jack, at least 2 jack stands, and maybe a breaker bar(I could easily fit one in my trunk though), At the track. Thanks

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search