Everyone make it back home okay??? - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Everyone make it back home okay???
Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:13 PM
I got up and out of there early. 842mi. and 11.5hrs. later I've got the car washed off and parked in the back of the shop...

It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Hopfully I can make it to next years with the Sunfire.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Re: Everyone make it back home okay???
Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:17 PM
I have a picture for you

your car brought back my temptation of wanting to buy a Sky

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:27 PM
550 ish miles. Just got home like 745pm est. nice to see everyone

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:30 PM

yeah finally

a 6 hour drive turned into 8 because of people not knowing how to drive through a damn construction zone!!

but i had one hell of a blasty blast this weekend

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:43 PM
Finally made it back after making a pit stop in Columbus, what a drive

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:47 PM
All the Columbus people made it home safe just after 11:00am. It was nice to see you again this year. The drive home for us Ohio guys was great after I got us on the right road out of town. I didn't even hit a light after the two we had leaving the hotel. I hope everyone had a good time.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:48 PM
i made it home alright, im burnt and feel like crap, wtf happened last night

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:53 PM
Meckster.... aka Goose wrote:yeah finally

a 6 hour drive turned into 8 because of people not knowing how to drive through a damn construction zone!!

X2

rounding the bottom of lake Michigan heading towards downtown Chicago, my GPS (on my iphone) is telling me 46 miles left till home 1 hour and 2 minuets left... so I'm thinking sweet almost home... I turn on the traffic feature and my hour and 2 minuet drive turned into like 2 hours and 45 minuets LOL, I ended up on side streets through down town trying to stay away form the parking lot I mean highway.

btw nice meeting you

<3

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:54 PM
Sorry we left early and didn't go to the track. Second gear was still breaking up and it was wet. Plus we ran a 13.2 @108 last wed on the same tune. I had a blast and it was great finally meeting everyone and seeing all of the wonderful cars. We made it home, black smoke and everything. LOL Watch for falling times, more hp, and a few surprises!!

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:58 PM
Just got in the door a few min ago and I have no sense of hearing. 450 miles open header is a killer, I just hope I did no serious damage to the motor I'm going to try to get the downpipe fixed first thing tomo morning and then do a compression check. Then some hpt logs to see if everything is in line

Interestingly enough I still got 28mpg! Tunnels in PA on the Turnpike were fun!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:59 PM
Quote:

I have a picture for you

Do I really want to see it???

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:16 PM
Just walked in about 30min ago

Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:17 PM
I made it home before 1pm. I guess besides Geeds, I probably had about the shortest trip to the bash, lol. By time I got home, I had no power steering which is something I encountered on the way back from the track last night. All is well though.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:37 PM
Meckster.... aka Goose wrote:yeah finally

took us 10 hrs to get home after that @!#$... we sat for an hr dead still.... apparently the @!#$s who like to race to the merge area decided to merge into other cars...

we detoured though

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:44 PM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:
Quote:

I have a picture for you

Do I really want to see it???

I love your car

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:03 PM
Awesome pic.

They that pic at the Saturn dealer. It would make me wanna get one.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:04 PM
I made it home around 2pm. Thanks to WhiteCav and friends for letting tag along and play in traffic with them

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:10 PM
Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:19 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:I made it home around 2pm. Thanks to WhiteCav and friends for letting tag along and play in traffic with them

that was fun ehh??..lol nice meeting you

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:34 PM
gary & all nice meeting you saturday night. i ended up heading home after the third time the cops rolled in. just over 1 1/2 hrs later walked in the house a 4am. probally one of the closer ones to the events. wish i would of met more people.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:44 PM
got home a few hours ago. good times for sure

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:45 PM
got home at like 430 pm....we left the hotel at noon and went and hung out with DTP, OG NICK and S1lver_n1p at the autocross for a couple hours, took us about 1hour 30 mins to get home from there....haha...

Had a effing blast everyone, thanks for signing the mug i borrowed from Quaker haha

Im uploading all 337 pics from 2 days of fun and ill be posting soon

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:50 PM
Got home about 2 hours ago, spent all day at autocross with Jnickel and DTP, then since we were all heading to near the same area, we took an awesome ride home down the backroads, no highway for us! it was great

---

Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:54 PM

rounding the bottom of lake Michigan heading towards downtown Chicago, my GPS (on my iphone) is telling me 46 miles left till home 1 hour and 2 minuets left... so I'm thinking sweet almost home... I turn on the traffic feature and my hour and 2 minuet drive turned into like 2 hours and 45 minuets LOL, I ended up on side streets through down town trying to stay away form the parking lot I mean highway.

Yea that sucked we finally got home about 30 mins ago

Thanks Ryan for letting us crash at ur place thursday night

Fun seeing everyone can't wait till next year!

Sunday, July 27, 2008 9:11 PM
Paul here...I ain't home yet But I made it to my parents house oK twas a good time, I'll make a lengthier more indepth post some other time. I'm beat

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search