09 drag racing shootout??? - Page 4 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:36 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:Bracket racing = waste of time........

All out Eco vs. Quad4 (LD9/LG0....) Heads up.

Ok so we have 1 race then? HRC vs. Fetter? That's where it'll end up if no one breaks getting that far.

Oh and let's be clear....Eco means L61 based correct? Meaning PJ can still get in with his inbred Eco LOL?

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:46 PM
mine's still an L61 eco.

just with an LSJ block, crank, rods, piston, flywheel and clutch swap

Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:58 PM
Quote:

I don't think I have ever lost to a all motor LD9 anyways

I can fix that for you.

Watching this. If I can make it would like to bring at least 3 cars. Maybe 4.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:51 PM
How are we going to run the racing? That's my biggest question/concern here. Once that's settled I can figure out a date and what kind of awards I can do.

Monday, December 01, 2008 4:13 AM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

Ok so we have 1 race then? HRC vs. Fetter? That's where it'll end up if no one breaks getting that far.

Oh and let's be clear....Eco means L61 based correct? Meaning PJ can still get in with his inbred Eco LOL?

No, Eco Encompasses the L61,LSJ, LNF... hmm, cant remember the other RPO off the top of my head right now.

No HRC. If I wanted to race a company owned car, would it not be the fast one?

GM

This should be private owned cars, like your own.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, December 01, 2008 5:36 AM
does this mean that swap engines are banned?

Suffering from more imagination than sanity......
Monday, December 01, 2008 8:25 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

No, Eco Encompasses the L61,LSJ, LNF... hmm, cant remember the other RPO off the top of my head right now.

No HRC. If I wanted to race a company owned car, would it not be the fast one?

GM

This should be private owned cars, like your own.

Chris

2 MAJOR problems with your post here...

1) It was already stated this was for the JBO only, and the L61 is the only Eco from a J.
2) If your going to ban HRC then your going to have to explain why you wouldn't allow the fastest Eco to show up a lot better than "It's a company car."

Monday, December 01, 2008 9:47 AM
Hypsy has a point......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, December 01, 2008 11:32 AM
still watching this and looking for concrete dates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, December 01, 2008 1:27 PM
I was thinking sometime in August.

Monday, December 01, 2008 1:47 PM
hypsy wrote:
1) It was already stated this was for the JBO only, and the L61 is the only Eco from a J.

guess that means I'm outlawed?

Monday, December 01, 2008 2:13 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
hypsy wrote:

guess that means I'm outlawed?

1) No yours is L61 based so it is allowable, at least by me. I meant no LSJ, LNF, LAP, or LE5 based motors.
2) I guess saying JBO only is bad, it should be J-Bodies only. Everyone else can have their giggles at the Tuner Bash for bigger money

Monday, December 01, 2008 2:35 PM
I think it should not matter if it is a Jbody with a LSJ swapped in it. I also thnk if the car came from the factory with a LD9 or Ecotec (like Alero's) they can come as well. Let Hahn come.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 01, 2008 4:47 PM
John Higgins wrote:I think it should not matter if it is a Jbody with a LSJ swapped in it. I also thnk if the car came from the factory with a LD9 or Ecotec (like Alero's) they can come as well. Let Hahn come.

If it is J with an LSJ that could be allowed to slide IMO, but my event will be a J only event. The Aleros and GAs and Cobalts can have there fun at the Tuner Bash, I want to see the best racing that the Js can offer.

Monday, December 01, 2008 5:17 PM
Ok...

So, How many Z24's came with LG0?

And by fastest Cav.......

OH.. hmmmm

Last i cheeked ,

GM OWNED IT

So, Nest time I am on with GM, should i see if there game?

Not that I ever talk to anyone in lancing or anything.

And EcoTec... does Encompass 2.0-2.4 Ecos......

Hmm... Brandon, it is Eco... As in EcoTec, Vs Quad-4... as in.... QUAD-4

Right?

I don't want to start @!#$.... but there has to be a line....a place that has a bottomless pit of cash to throw at a car, Vs You and me?

Why go?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Monday, December 01, 2008 6:16 PM
piss i need to get my ass in gear and hustle

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, December 01, 2008 6:34 PM
1) For someone not wanting to start @!#$ you are posting nothing but complaints. Apparently we won't be able to make an event suitable to you as long as we're offering an all out race that is just that, all out, or a bracket race. In other words, you want to pick and choose who can come out and run in a all heads-up race. Last I checked that was called stacking the field. Either it's all out with an open invite or it's bracket racing. PERIOD!

2) Brian himself said bracket sucks. Guess what your alternative is....ALL OUT. Hahn and GM both fall into that all out category. Either take the bracket race idea or you'll get exactly what you want, but apparently fear.

3) We have the GM Tuner Bash for every other LD9 and Eco powered non-J vehicle. The TVR Shootout is my race and I would like it to be Js only. I'm sorry if anyone has a problem with that but I am not making a second GM bash. I am making a one day race.

4) My race, my rules, my stipulations. If you can and do swap in a LSJ into a Cav, bring it out and go for the win. If you have a DD L61 with an intake, bring it out and go for the win. If you have a LD9 in a gutted car with a gigantic turbo on it, bring it out and go for the win. Hell if you have a 3x00 swapped in, bring it out and go for the win! We aren't going to stop anyone from coming out, but only those with reasonable swaps and stock motors in Js will be allowed to race for the win. Each case will be decided by me and 2 or 3 other people. One of the people I want to help make decisions happens to be on Team Green, but if y'all can't get in line and play nice that will have to change.

5) GM doesn't have a single Cavalier in the racing fleet right now. They are all Cobalts now because that's what they sell. I don't think you have to worry about them at the TVR Shootout in any case. The bash on the other hand, who knows who or what will come out there. After all, the Quick 8 IS open to anything and everything as I was so elegantly told last year.

6) If you can give me a better reason than "it's a company car" for Hahn to be banned, I will consider it. Is Team Green not a business to? Thus making your cars company cars? TVR is a business and my car is for friggin' sure a company car. Give me a GOOD reason to support your argument and I'll consider it.

7) Next time your talking to Lansing, tell them to get their @!#$ straightened out I support GM and try to buy nothing but GM, but it's awfully hard to support a company that won't change it's management or operations style but still wants a bail out.

Next round of complaints?

Monday, December 01, 2008 6:58 PM
Good thing this is not your race?

Team Green is not a Company, we have toyed with the idea of getting Incorporated, but have not, as of yet.

I actually got a Email showing a break down on the cost to fly everyone AA VS there jet..... it was of course stacked in there favor, but it did save them money.

So, were going to have a TVR shoot out, and a Eco VS Quad race then?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:12 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Good thing this is not your race?

Team Green is not a Company, we have toyed with the idea of getting Incorporated, but have not, as of yet.

I actually got a Email showing a break down on the cost to fly everyone AA VS there jet..... it was of course stacked in there favor, but it did save them money.

So, were going to have a TVR shoot out, and a Eco VS Quad race then?

Chris

Actually this is kinda my race.

This years TVR Shootout was already being planned with the Eco vs LD9 thing in mind as an option. With the mention of that by other people and the enthusiasm for it I settled on it. I figured since I already knew everyone at the track, including the owner, that I would take it upon myself to get this little challenge set up. If someone else wants to go through all the setup and everything else they can be my guest.

Oh and BTW...take those numbers and triple them. There's the waste in the US 3, who aren't even the Big 3 anymore. Fly together, we all do it and so can they. Hell fly coach. Maybe someone there will actually teach them something useful. Like how to make cars people actually want.

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:18 PM
We do need to decide what is going on by who. It was not TVR that started this post, but someone else. Now if that person and TVR are working together for one event fine, but did not seem that way.

So who is holding this event. Since Brandon made the post he should be the next to answer.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:23 PM
Ya, I just reread the start to now.........

I'm kinda lost how this is your idea....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:43 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:1) For someone not wanting to start @!#$ you are posting nothing but complaints. Apparently we won't be able to make an event suitable to you as long as we're offering an all out race that is just that, all out, or a bracket race. In other words, you want to pick and choose who can come out and run in a all heads-up race. Last I checked that was called stacking the field. Either it's all out with an open invite or it's bracket racing. PERIOD!

2) Brian himself said bracket sucks. Guess what your alternative is....ALL OUT. Hahn and GM both fall into that all out category. Either take the bracket race idea or you'll get exactly what you want, but apparently fear.

3) We have the GM Tuner Bash for every other LD9 and Eco powered non-J vehicle. The TVR Shootout is my race and I would like it to be Js only. I'm sorry if anyone has a problem with that but I am not making a second GM bash. I am making a one day race.

4) My race, my rules, my stipulations. If you can and do swap in a LSJ into a Cav, bring it out and go for the win. If you have a DD L61 with an intake, bring it out and go for the win. If you have a LD9 in a gutted car with a gigantic turbo on it, bring it out and go for the win. Hell if you have a 3x00 swapped in, bring it out and go for the win! We aren't going to stop anyone from coming out, but only those with reasonable swaps and stock motors in Js will be allowed to race for the win. Each case will be decided by me and 2 or 3 other people. One of the people I want to help make decisions happens to be on Team Green, but if y'all can't get in line and play nice that will have to change.

5) GM doesn't have a single Cavalier in the racing fleet right now. They are all Cobalts now because that's what they sell. I don't think you have to worry about them at the TVR Shootout in any case. The bash on the other hand, who knows who or what will come out there. After all, the Quick 8 IS open to anything and everything as I was so elegantly told last year.

6) If you can give me a better reason than "it's a company car" for Hahn to be banned, I will consider it. Is Team Green not a business to? Thus making your cars company cars? TVR is a business and my car is for friggin' sure a company car. Give me a GOOD reason to support your argument and I'll consider it.

7) Next time your talking to Lansing, tell them to get their @!#$ straightened out I support GM and try to buy nothing but GM, but it's awfully hard to support a company that won't change it's management or operations style but still wants a bail out.

Next round of complaints?

1) I say let Hahn come and play. Do they have a fast and proven car? Hell yea they do. Am I afraid? A little......

2) Bracket does suck....... I dont consider 18sec cars going down a track "racing"..... but that might just be me. Any poor sap can stomp the go peddle on the last yellow, and take their automatic Aveo down the track, running 18.0 every time. Not much skill there. Now take a 400+ HP J-body down a track, get it to the end in one piece...... now thats racing!!!

3) I'm all for letting any J-body race in the event...... regardless of motor..... just not for the "main event"

4) The original idea was to "settle" the number one feud on this site...... Eco vs LD9.... As long as its a 4 cylinder US Market Eco motor, and a "Quad 4" family engine.... good enough for me....

5) The Bash Quick 8 was owned for years by the "V6" guys....... I lost to Curtis's cav a couple years in a row....... wasn't until Jake brought out the Grand Am that a 4 cylinder finally took the quick 8 (that and all the fast V6 guys stayed home ).

6) Team GREEN is FAR from a business..... before I built the motor for the SpdRcrZ, all LSD money went into the Team GREEN Drag Car, but once I started on the '02, the T/G car hasn't seen a dime (over 2 years now). And now since I bought the GTO, every dime goes into paying the car payment every month (and paying off my credit card bill from the '02 Z). Each Team GREEN car is paid for by the owner of the car, and other then the LSD's, none of the other "projects" ever got very far off the ground (except the K-braces, that TTR now makes).

7) I've got nothing for this one..... LOL!

Darren, Jake (get him to put his drivetrain in the '96 shell out at Dugan's), Brandon, Chris....... I'm sure we could put up a decent fight against the Eco boys!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:54 PM
Quote:

The original idea was to "settle" the number one feud on this site...... Eco vs LD9.... As long as its a 4 cylinder US Market Eco motor, and a "Quad 4" family engine.... good enough for me

I like this idea. We could match up cars (so to speak). N/A LD9 vs N/A Eco with both cars being either in the same hp or time range, or mods. Having the main event all out cars being big boosted LD9's and Eco's.

I also think there is a way to have all cars running (even the 17.2 J's), maybe ina bracket class.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:58 PM
exactly my point/view on this....... I just hate seeing a 14 sec car "beating" a 11 sec car only because the 11 sec car ran a 10.99 on a 11.00 dial in.......

My only "problem" in just matching up cars based on mods..... there is always someone that "forgets" to mention the sneeky pete 50 shot, and then runs around like they just won the Indy 500 when they wax the stock car next to them.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, December 01, 2008 8:05 PM
what if you still take 3rd and the bottle (switch) was broke

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search