2009 GM Tuner Bash announcement! all info here! - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2009 GM Tuner Bash announcement! all info here!
Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:02 PM
only 5 hours from Chicago

Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:06 PM
Count me in this will be my frist bash also

Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:32 PM
12 hours and 43 minutes for me. I would like to come, but not sure if I will be able to. Going to try, and getting 2 cars there will be even harder.

FU Tuning

Sunday, December 07, 2008 2:34 PM
To whoever organizes this..Why is the smallest crappiest hick towns always chosen? Pick somewhere fun, closer to a major city maybe?

More people might be inclined to show up if all there was to do is sit in a hotel parking lot.

I understand the dragstrip being close and all, but come on.

I just don't get it

Sunday, December 07, 2008 2:51 PM
Tracks in those big cities are also very expensive.. I mean if you willing to foot the bill and get it how you want then why don't you do it, I'm sure DTP would have no problem in you doing so and would be willing to help, otherwise your complaint is pointless.

Nice to see info already DTP, going to hope to make it this time finally..

Sunday, December 07, 2008 3:05 PM
to those who feel they have any room to complain about location/choices

we're 20 minutes from cincinnati. In all honesty, there's already TONS to do, and the schedule will be tight again as always.

btw...major track rentals charge $4000-$7000

doing a test n tune at a major track isn't going to yield many runs at all

net income for the bash annually is 1200-1400.

DO THE MATH

Sunday, December 07, 2008 3:13 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:Tracks in those big cities are also very expensive.. I mean if you willing to foot the bill and get it how you want then why don't you do it, I'm sure DTP would have no problem in you doing so and would be willing to help, otherwise your complaint is pointless.

I really don't care about track racing (at least in a straight line).

I really didn't think it was that expensive to rent a track, Sorry.

DroptopPaul wrote:to those who feel they have any room to complain about location/choices

we're 20 minutes from cincinnati. In all honesty, there's already TONS to do, and the schedule will be tight again as always.

DO THE MATH

I didn't know it was so close to Cinci, Sorry.

Again, like I said..I didn't know it was so expensive to run at a bigger track.

Carry on

Sunday, December 07, 2008 3:18 PM
If you want to bitch, don't come. Big city would probably mean big trouble for some of our shenanigans.

Find us a hot spot in Cinci to party it up one night.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 3:27 PM
Total Estimated Time: 10 hours 6 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 598.90 miles
Total Estimated Fuel Cost: $36.86

woo this is gonna be fun i so better buy a head unit for my car by then hahaha

Sunday, December 07, 2008 3:29 PM
Aetsh wrote:
Stephen (manta z) wrote:Tracks in those big cities are also very expensive.. I mean if you willing to foot the bill and get it how you want then why don't you do it, I'm sure DTP would have no problem in you doing so and would be willing to help, otherwise your complaint is pointless.

DroptopPaul wrote:to those who feel they have any room to complain about location/choices

DO THE MATH

Carry on

So you made a post bitching when you hadn't even done the research to back up your complaints? God people like you piss me off. Do a little research before you bitch and moan. At least have a clue first!

Paul and his group put a lot of work into this event for next to no return. If you don't like how it's set up, you organize it. I can tell you from experience it isnt as easy as everyone wants to think it is!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:08 PM

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:05 PM
4.5-5 Hours from Northeast tip of Ohio.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:20 PM
Aetsh wrote:To whoever organizes this..Why is the smallest crappiest hick towns always chosen? Pick somewhere fun, closer to a major city maybe?

More people might be inclined to show up if all there was to do is sit in a hotel parking lot.

I just don't get it

People sit in the lot and have a great time regardless of big city or "hick" town. If people went into town to party there would be problems and people would be spread all over the place.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:24 PM
mitdr774 wrote:
Aetsh wrote:To whoever organizes this..Why is the smallest crappiest hick towns always chosen? Pick somewhere fun, closer to a major city maybe?

I just don't get it

People sit in the lot and have a great time regardless of big city or "hick" town. If people went into town to party there would be problems and people would be spread all over the place.

IIRC, and I might be wrong because I was TRASHED, but 95% of the Indy bash was spent in parking lots, and no one complained about not having fun LOL. We just complained about the cops!

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:37 PM
07 bash resulted in BLM and then heelies (sp), all in the hotel lot. 08 was fun, nobody enjoyed my delicious beverage though.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:44 PM
This past year was by far my best bash in terms of fun and drunken stupidity. I want to continue on with such and keep trouble at a minimal for Paul and associates.

It's a battle.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:49 PM
deff going to be a great time like always with JoeDM around, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:05 PM
so who is bringing the trophies for the mini crotch rocket rally races? and MAD props to joe for even mixing the gas before filling the bike. even for the amount of alcohol in you

and as for the location in the middle of nowhere... ive been to the bash twice, and both times everyone pretty much stayed in the parking lot anyway. and we all had a blast. i cant recall anyone heading to the city to party or anything. the most we did was go to the movie theatre to watch the simpsons movie. so there is no need or much extra time to go find extra stuff to do. we only have a weekend and we use every hour we have.

ryan, split a room again?

and anyone ever get pics of the "school bus recycling bin"? that was classic

or when the manager came out after the fire works, all i could hear was, why are you yelling, why are you so angry, come talk to me, why are you so angry?

i should be there, providing the car is running and fixed and should be in the 12's by bash time for sure.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:25 PM
I carried the mini-bike under my arm into Speedway and the cashier was nice enough to get the 2-cycle for me. A guy whom took notice to our drunken attempt at filling it up assisted with the proper mixture. We discovered then that the mini-bike indeed had gas but may have somehow overheated after my numerous trips outside of the hotel bash parking lot into other parking lots and surrounding streets. The Canadians & friends were also polite enough to set up an obstacle course in one of my well traveled routes though the mini-bike failed me before I could go Evil Knievel on their asses. Sad.

That school bus rocked btw!

Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:29 PM
Total Estimated Time: 11 hours, 22 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 688.16 miles

i'll definitely be there. depending on how far along i get with the cav i might be bringing the civic. i can't handle another drive that long with no music at all. god that was horrible!!! plus, i know nothing will fall off the civic. this year i had to resecure my bumper twice, last year was a headlight and a tail that were falling off. plus, since idk if i'll have anyone to drive with this year i might not have someone to watch and see if i'm loosing anything. i'd rather just not take the chance if i don't have something worthy of going in. plus, no under construction class makes it less appealing to take the cav. just because i would've had 2 years in a row with wins by default doesn't mean that the catagory has to be deleted. mark my words paul: i'll bring the civic and 5 people will show up in primer just to mess with your head lol

joedm-can't wait to see you again and have some more drunken fun! i must agree, sometimes it is difficult to keep things going smooth for paul when there are that many people with that much alcohol. lol

paul-thanks for putting up with all our crap!

shooff-you need to make sure your room is right above the pool again!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:30 PM

Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:31 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:If you want to bitch, don't come. Big city would probably mean big trouble for some of our shenanigans.

Find us a hot spot in Cinci to party it up one night.

Maybe you're right, but I think a possibly bigger venue couldn't hurt.

Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:
Aetsh wrote:

DO THE MATH

Carry on

So you made a post bitching when you hadn't even done the research to back up your complaints? God people like you piss me off. Do a little research before you bitch and moan. At least have a clue first!

Paul and his group put a lot of work into this event for next to no return. If you don't like how it's set up, you organize it. I can tell you from experience it isnt as easy as everyone wants to think it is!

What do you want me to research? Track prices?I don't give two @!#$ about driving FWD cars in a straight line, on a 1/4 track. What else would I research? The town?

I'm sure they do work hard, and get very little, if no return. I'd rather not try to organize anything, I'm sure it is really hard.

All I was saying is I do not see the benefit in having it in a small town in Ohio alot of people havent even heard of.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:35 PM
I really didn't want to come off sounding like an ungrateful @!#$, at all..To Paul and the dudes who put this on, I meant no hate or anything..I know this event has been going on for sometime now, and been getting more and more successful each year.

My main reason for posting was wondering why it was held in smaller towns, which was answered (Tracks are cheaper, and keeping it lower key keeps people out of trouble)

Again, I apoligize for ruffling anyones feathers, that was not nor is it ever my intention.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:37 PM
We should be there. Hopefully with about 500 hp

Sunday, December 07, 2008 6:25 PM
I just booked my room requested a suite again couch sink fridge whirlpool tub, i always look forward to the bashes thanks for getting the info up early this year paul. now i just have to save for a few things for the car and start buying the booze.

Strip club trip to cincy this year!!

should be the best bash so far.

Dave
Sideways is the best way to drive
07 Cool GXP, 01 Z
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Sunday, December 07, 2008 6:32 PM
Booked our room. Hotel has only 57 rooms total, and regular rack rate is $79.99 per night. Hope we all fit, lol....

Sunday, December 07, 2008 6:35 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:
ryan, split a room again?

yup

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search