Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information - Page 22 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:01 AM
I don't mind going to either place. I had a great time at both places in the past

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:21 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:Brian indy doubles the drive for about 15 people out my way, from 6 to about 11-12 hrs.

I meant for me its about the same. Maybe shorter. I live on the Indiana border.

Any word on this?

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:38 AM
makes mine from what would have been 8, down to about 2.

Friday, December 10, 2010 1:49 PM
Sooo..... who is running the bash this year???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, December 13, 2010 3:52 AM
I think paul....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:19 AM
So that means Indy. Hahaha.

I know there was talk of having the track day at Muncie which is like 30 minutes from my house if I drive fast. It probably would work out pretty nicely pricewise to rent the track out but idk.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:59 AM
pauls out of town till problaby sunday. i'll problaby see him then to deliver his roll bar so i'll talk to him about it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, December 17, 2010 2:35 PM
I like Indy, gives me the chance to get the hell out of Ohio for once.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, December 17, 2010 4:47 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:I like Indy, gives me the chance to get the hell out of Ohio for once.

Puts me a closer to home to.... which means we get to line them up hopefully! if I break its not as long of a drive to get the trailer and tow it home Ill be bringing the radials

I have 7 days off at the end of june so fingers crossed for that week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 17, 2010 4:47 PM

Friday, December 17, 2010 5:32 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:I like Indy, gives me the chance to get the hell out of Ohio for once.

Puts me a closer to home to.... which means we get to line them up hopefully! if I break its not as long of a drive to get the trailer and tow it home Ill be bringing the radials

so @!#$ everyone else? When I had locations it kept it half distance for everyone, now its double for us east coasters and now if any of us break its a $1300 tow bill.. but I guess nothing is fair in this world..

so this is why 6-8 of us are doing our own east coast thing this year and keeping it open invite. dyno, auto x, track and hotel. oh and beer

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, December 17, 2010 7:41 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

Ill be bringing the radials

and if they dont float your boat... I have some hoosier quick time pro's to let you bolt up.
Your not gonna tell me no either like the last time I tried to loan you my radials!

Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:01 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

so @!#$ everyone else? When I had locations it kept it half distance for everyone, now its double for us east coasters and now if any of us break its a $1300 tow bill.. but I guess nothing is fair in this world..

so this is why 6-8 of us are doing our own east coast thing this year and keeping it open invite. dyno, auto x, track and hotel. oh and beer

My trip goes from 8 hours to 2ish.... so if it were the other way around mine would be QUADROUPLED.

And like david said, he wants to get out of ohio, its going to be a change of scenery. You have to remember that by your logic the rest of us are getting @!#$ for the past few years. So what its a few more hours and a few more gallons of gas. Everyone will never be pleased.

But for those of us driving to the bash, this will give me a chance to run my car and finally let people see some good races at the bash.

Travis....check your phone

Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:43 AM
few hours?

how about another 320+miles thats at least 5-6 hrs. Quadrupled is true, but it's still less then ours. And at 10+ hrs is hard to do in 1 shot, so then its possible hotel, more food, and so on. The only person that was really ever far out was Z-yaaa and he did that.

few more gallons of gas?

idk anyones car that gets 110 mpg.

It takes our trip (any mid PA and east) from 7 hrs to 12+, 8 isnt bad, I did 9 to xenia. People in NJ will be travelling upwards of 14, if they decided to come. Last year they drove 8 and didn't whine like you. I kept it so the MAJORITY of distant people were driving 6-8 hrs, not so a few people could walk out their front door and into the bash and make the now MAJORITY drive 8+ hrs. But if I guess anyone whines enough they'll get their own way soon enough. I was keeping the MAJORITY happy. 90% of people like the current drive now and where it's located, and only the same few whine. And a lot have expressed that they loved this years location and wanted to go back, hell they WANTED us to come back. by my logic, I was being FAIR, I'm not @!#$ ANYONE if I am driving the same amount, nice try on playing your side of the argument. Vince you're not dumb, don't act it.

How would you have liked it if I made it in Pittsburgh, or State College and make MY drive 2-3 hrs? THAT would be @!#$ you

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, December 18, 2010 7:07 AM
Don't care where its at. The drive doesn't bother me. So don't act like I'm whining. I might even go to the lone star bash which is 16 hours away from me. But I won't race there. Ill race where its conveniant. 2 hour wait for the truck and trailer is better than an 8-10 wait. And less time out of someones day to help me.

You said it adds 320 miles, let's see, for me that's. Less than one tank of gas, or let's say $40.

So adding 6 hours to my trip is not as bad as adding 5 to theirs? Again, you can't please everyone, never will. The location is not to just please people driving... its about the services around, so you had a nice hotel, cool, but indy offers not only a nice track, an amazing high quality one at that. I've been to the races there, its no route 66 but its up there. But other reasons are, jason and paul richwine have some decent indy connections too that will help with events.

For distance though, it does make it closer for scott the canadian, and ecotecpower who has wanted to go for a while. They might decide to come this time. Id like to see their cars for once and if moving it allows those two to make it and get to experience a bash, well then they deserve the right to go.

if people want to go bad enough, like me, then location won't matter.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:29 AM
Smoosh drove 12 hours and I drove 9 hours in 09, all in one day. Granted it was a long day but that was an epic road trip. I used to be a strong supporter of keeping it in Ohio, but I can see making it easier on the people out West for at least one year.

BTW, sleeping in your car is free if you really want to brake the driving up into 2 days.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Monday, December 20, 2010 6:58 AM
Alright well ill add my 2 cents in even if its not wanted, but I can honestly respect the points for both keeping it in Ohio and having it in Indy. My opinion is to keep it in Ohio, cuz who knows if it is in Indy then the bash may have less people than what we used to have. I know there are a lot of east coast guys that will prolly not wanna drive a long distance like that. One thing that does suck is that it always seems to come down to this when having the bash, the distance is what kills some of us. I think we honestly do well with the event held in Ohio. I say we should just keep in Ohio and either keep it as the same location as this years or we could change it up and try something different around Ohio. Maybe have it Centralized Ohio or eastern part around Quaker city raceway or maybe up north somewhere or maybe if there is a decent place we could try southern part of Ohio

JBO Member since 2006.
Monday, December 20, 2010 7:22 AM
I haven't made it to a bash yet, but i definately would not be driving out of state. I really hope it to make it next year with mine since my parts finally came in. in only took a year but car should be intersting :-). and i would like to see some fellow j's because i haven't seen any turbo ones in the area

Monday, December 20, 2010 7:41 PM
I was at the bashes when it was in Illinois, Ohio, and the one in Indy. Im planning on coming this year. I dont care where it is. Im use to driving 8+ hours in one trip, somtimes 10+ if need be. So no matter where it is, Ill be there. I may even look up the lonestar bash and head to that one too. But I gotta make sure my engine (damn LD9 with 124G's) will make it there and back I came back this past year and was not intime for the bash this year. Anyone who knows me, knows I love a good bash The drive getting there I think is one of the best things. Get a nice long ass caravan going of nothing but gm tuners and its awsome!! I think the year we went to the illinois bash we had something in the range of 15-20 cars in one caravan. That was awsome. Like Vince said, you wont please everyone but the people who do show up and support the cause are the ones who should be chiming in. Would it be nice to have it in Indy, sure! Did I like the Ohio bash, sure did (the stories from that bash and trying to find the speedway are priceless and halarious) So no matter what, count me in this coming year. As long as its not super crazy far, and like a two day drive im good. Ill be there. Because bashes are always fun with the right people

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:51 AM
Ill be there for sure no matter where its at.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:10 AM
id like to bring both cars out this coming year, since i missed 2010's out of all of them

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, December 26, 2010 2:08 PM
If its in Indy, we could make an epic @!#$ caravan. I think everyone from the east would be coming through my area or maybe even my town. Not sure though. Id have to look. If I had my own house I put all of you bastards up for the night.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 3:09 PM
if I had somewhere free to stay halfway that'd make it much more enticing for me

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, December 27, 2010 8:22 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:If its in Indy, we could make an epic @!#$ caravan. I think everyone from the east would be coming through my area or maybe even my town. Not sure though. Id have to look. If I had my own house I put all of you bastards up for the night.

if it was in indy i think most would go across 70 and skip cincy lol.

forgot to talk to paul last weekend. i'll text him now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, December 27, 2010 6:58 PM
Paul Gledhill aka DTP will be running the bash.. I will be helping... but last i heard he had no interest in going back to quail hollow

Monday, December 27, 2010 7:08 PM
my name is Paul, and I have a drinking problem

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search