HVAC LIGHTS NOT WORKING !! PLEASE HELP - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HVAC LIGHTS NOT WORKING !! PLEASE HELP
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:14 PM

Today i was doing some work on my sound system and needed access to the back of my deck. I have a 97 cavalier so everything had to come apart !! After everything on the dash was put back together i notice the lights were not lighting up on the HVAV knobs

anyone have an idea what happened ?? the knobs still turn the air on , but dont light up ? fuse is still good !!

PLEASE HELP !!

Re: HVAC LIGHTS NOT WORKING !! PLEASE HELP
Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:42 PM
Check the easiest thing first- fuses, then check the bulbs itself.

Probably just blew a fuse. My 3rd gen cavalier would blow a fuse when id replace a taillight bulb, nothing else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:44 PM

Ya like i said the fuse is still good everything else works just the light isnt coming on
i dont think theres a seperate fuse just for the light, theres just the one hvac fuse
Friday, February 03, 2006 11:40 PM
J's are known for the wiring in these things to @!#$ up, id check bulbs first

Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:19 AM
we've got the same problem. fuses are good, bulbs are agood, and it comes on sometmes when it wants to.
j

Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:10 PM

Ya same thing it just came on today for the first time !! so who knows what the problem is, all wiring seems to be good ?
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:38 PM
Does anyone have any tips or procedures for replacing HVAC bulbs? I believe they need replacing as all other lighting works and fuses are okay.
Thank you

Kevin
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:04 PM
On my '99 they are wired in parallel so if one went out the other would still be on. I would take the bezel off and pull the HVAC thing out and check the plugs behind it. The bulbs feed from the defrost/AC controls side so if they work then the plug should be in right. Other guess would be an inline connector buried behind the dash between those two lights and the cluster. If that was loose I'm not sure how to get to it without taking the whole mofo apart.

Monday, January 07, 2019 3:52 PM
Grave digging here :/

I've seen lots of threads on this issue, none with confirmed resolution. I've got all lights working except for the HVAC lights.

I tried to replace the little 74's but I don't think I can get them out with out smashing them, and ended up leaving them in. But the line isn't getting power anyway so the LEDs would just have been bonus anyhow. All fuses are good.

Where is this connection getting broken? I know I'm not the only one, but who's fixed this successfully?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search