p0455 diagnostic - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
p0455 diagnostic
Sunday, October 05, 2008 11:53 AM
Quick question. i live in chicago so okay after all the aftermath of hurricane ike, where indiana flooded well chitown had heavy rains and monday, after the weekend of rain i was getting in mky car to go 2 skewl, started it up and the check engine light was on. The diagnostic code was p0455 a evaporative emission system control leak which was catergorized as a large leak, im losing about 100 mile to a tank of gas. I went and replaced my gas cap, nothing. Then i got starter fluid and sprayed over my hoses to see if i could find a leak or crack in the hoses, nothing- before i take it to a mechanic- any suggestions? it could be anything from a vacuum leak to a puncture in the evap canister - but havent found the source yet
its an 04 cav

Re: p0455 diagnostic
Sunday, October 05, 2008 5:04 PM
What year car and motor? Filling your profile can be helpful when trying to get questions answered.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 05, 2008 7:15 PM
sorry--updated.. 2004 chevy cav base w/sport pkg 2.2 ecotec with 50k miles
Sunday, October 05, 2008 11:50 PM
I'd bet you have a loose clamp or possibly broke a hose under the back of the car. Do you mean you're getting 100 miles to a tank or that you've lost 100 mile off what you were getting to a tank? Damn if you're getting 100 miles to a tank then either the filler neck or the vent broke off. They're under the right rear wheel right out in the open.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:37 PM
Did anyone find the source of their problem? My 04 sunfire just through the same dumb P0455 code at me tonight on the way home out of no where. I was looking ahead and said to myself, damn my shift light is extremely bright, looked down at a CEL....

It may be my gas cap as when I filled up last saturday there was a lot of sand and crap caked in there and might be not sealing.. Hmm...

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:24 AM
T3e Cody and Nick Alfich,

Were your P0455s ever solved? I have the same issue. The 2004 year comes up a lot when searching for P0455 so I'm hopping there was a particular part that failed with the 2004 models.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search