Negative fuel trims - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Negative fuel trims
Sunday, July 26, 2015 4:33 PM
Just got an obd2 bluetooth adapter and i'm using obd car doctor, which is awesome btw. I'm new to all the sensor readings but getting the hang of it. Problem is rough idle around 600, should be 650, and loss of power around 2k-2.5k rpm and long term is hovering around -12% while short term varies up to -30% but always stays negative until i'm in motion. While hot and idling short stays around -7% but when held at 1500rpm it goes down to around -20% then at 2500rpm goes down to around -30%. Got misfire cylinder 4 and system rich few days ago so took the plug out and it was wet, which leads me to believe the injector is bad. It's not air, engine has good compression, and it's not spark, new plugs, wires, and coils from previous tuneup plus it has good spark at all rpm's. I read about an injector balance test using trim numbers and when 1 and 3 are unplugged trim numbers go up to 12% but when number 4 is unplugged it only goes up to 7%, couldn't reach number 2 injector cause of the throttle cable bracket. Could someone chime in and confirm this please.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search