P0106 on boosted 2.2 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
P0106 on boosted 2.2
Sunday, August 30, 2015 4:41 PM
I'm running 10 psi on the stock PCM. I started having issues last week when the car randomly died, it would crank but not start. I found a faulty crank position sensor, replaced the sensor and the car fired right up, then stalled twice on my way home. After further diagnosing that issue I found my IAC was sticking. Now with both of those issues out of the way the car has started to sputter at 3k and beyond once I start to build boost. (Doesn't really go past 5 psi.) I hooked up the scan tool and found the P0106 code. I checked my 5V reference and low reference, both are ok. Applied 20 in. hg to the sensor using a vacuum pump, the signal voltage dropped to around 1V. However, when I looked back at the scan tool it was reading 10 in. hg. I found this kind of odd, so I took the car for a drive, and at WOT my signal voltage was 5V but the sensor was reading 30 in. hg. My spark timing was about 20 degrees advanced at idle, 6 degrees WOT, and I wasn't seeing any lean or rich readings on my A/F ratio gauge. I know I need to do some more testing, I just ran out of time, but has anyone else came across a similar issue?

Re: P0106 on boosted 2.2
Sunday, August 30, 2015 5:15 PM
At this point I'm leaning towards a bad PCM, it seems as though it is misinterpreting the data. Also, I forgot to add that I have tried a hard reset.
Re: P0106 on boosted 2.2
Tuesday, September 01, 2015 8:19 PM
Id try to check the sensor on its own. There are faulty brand new sensors.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search