Location of TCC Solenoid Connector on '99 Chevy Cavalier z24 Convertible 2.4L Twin Cam - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Location of TCC Solenoid Connector on '99 Chevy Cavalier z24 Convertible 2.4L Twin Cam
Monday, September 07, 2015 9:13 PM
I'm hoping someone out there has had experience with a Cavalier stalling due to a faulty TCC Solenoid. My '99 Cavalier (z24 Convertible 2.4L Twin Cam) stalls consistently after extended freeway driving, when coming to a stop. All I'm trying to do for now is disconnect the TCC Solenoid Connector so that I can see if this fixes the stalling issue. Initially I disconnected something that (I discovered later) might have been for the Shift Controller Sensor, and my "ETS OFF" and Check Engine lights came on. After connecting this plug back in, the "ETS OFF" light went off, but unfortunately the Check Engine light stayed on. Hopefully there's a way to turn that off once I figure out my more pressing stalling issue first. The first attached picture shows the Blue Connector that I disconnected (that was likely for the Shift Controller Sensor). It was located at the front end of the transmission and was very easily accessible. The only other connectors I could locate on the transmission are in the second attached picture. The connectors in the green boxes are one and the same. Could that be the TCC Solenoid Connector? Maybe the one right next to it (under the topmost green box)? These two connectors are not easily accessible, and it was difficult to take pictures of them. If anyone has any insight on this, that would be great!

Attachments
IMAG02466.jpg (134k)
IMAG02467.jpg (1647k)

Re: Location of TCC Solenoid Connector on '99 Chevy Cavalier z24 Convertible 2.4L Twin Cam
Monday, September 07, 2015 9:47 PM
Not sure if this will help but on my 91 auto it would always stall too after warmed up at stops. Turned out to be the overdrive solenoid. Not sure if the newer gens have them but also a similar problem with my 99 5 speed and it was the throttle position sensor

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search