2004 cavalier no heat - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 cavalier no heat
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:59 AM
Hey what's up guys, it's that time of the season. Long story short, my hvac cable kinked and broke. So I manually tried to set my hvac to defrost. It didn't work. I ended up removing the dash and drilling a couple holes in the door that cuts off the front vents and I ziptied it shut. I know, I know, but I was desperate. Anywho, I had it put on defrost/feet and it was working great yesterday. I started on my way to work this morning, and had absolutely no heat the whole trip there. I checked all the hoses under the hood and checked my coolant. Everything is fine and flowing correctly. I work at a dealership so I have plenty of tools at my disposal. What do you guys think it could be? I'm getting a new car next year, so I'm not throwing alot of money into this thing. Do you think its the blend door actuator? It's always clicked since I've owned the car (5 years) and the heat has never been a problem until I messed with it yesterday.

Re: 2004 cavalier no heat
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:58 PM
Blend door actuator? Never heard of that.. But most generally when there's no heat it's likely the thermostat or heater core. 2nd gens were notorious for those

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search