04 ls sport help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 ls sport help
Thursday, October 01, 2015 5:01 PM
Okay so today I finally took jezebel for an hour long drive(first time driving her since getting her) and I have one code which is a p0507 which I believe is the idle air control valve which would explain the rpm jump at random times. However the temp gauge goes from 195 to 260 and then keeps going as if it intends to go full circle. My Speedo doesn't work but tach does as well as fuel gauge. No other lights on excluding check engine light. So I bought a thermostat from orielys hoping that will fix the temp gauge.

What would cause the Speedo not to budge? Also jezebel was a salvage so the passenger fender, side skirt and door are damaged. I noticed the dog bone is bent and it appears the rubber is not attached to the metal. But I paid 450 for her and she drives great, so aside from what causes the Speedo to not work what else should I do as she is an ecotec and my experience is with the ohv. I checked the subframe, body, and axles and they all seem to be undamaged but I will post pics for you guys tomorrow as it's 8pm here so not much light to work with. So any advice/help would be great as the eco seems to be an entirely different beast compared to the ohv I am accustomed to. I have to say though goddamn is she fast, she picks up hard and just goes which reminds me. When braking from 60mph slowing down until about 20 she vibrates real bad would I be correct to pressume that would be the lower, upper and trAnny mounts?

Re: 04 ls sport help
Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:40 PM
Another question I have is will this fuel filter fit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/knn-pf-2100 ? I ask because I put one on my 97 and it somehow caused the line to crack causing a fuel leak. I mean I know it does fit as the fuel filters haven't changed but I don't want to have another fuel leak on the new car by purchasing this. Is the nipple that connects into the line coming from the tank too long?
Re: 04 ls sport help
Saturday, October 10, 2015 5:56 PM
Okay so just went out and removed the s tube on the factory air box to get to the transmission cap so I could pour in some royal purple max atf. Discovered an oval shapped steel ring that I presume was a brace for the tubing hopefully, however I discovered that it was moist and some brown moist residue resided inside the box attached to the throttle body and in the s tube. Now my air filter is dirty and I have a wai on the way, but hypothetically let's say the air filter isn't completely @!#$e what else could cause this? I ask because when I changed my spark plugs yesterday(NGK G power) I noticed on the Bosch(prior owners choice) the third plug from the left had a small bit of oil and under the plastic ecotec cover a lot of pale green dust I suppose you could call it which looked like corrosion you'd see on a battery terminal was all over. The car did sit from June up until about almost two weeks ago when I bought it, it runs great but I just want to snip any possible problems before they bud into a calamity. I should probably also mention on rare occasions the car will not want to accelerate but the rpms will just keep going while the Speedo will twitch and go to zero. Turning car off then on after a five second wait fixes it.

So to recap, small bit of oil on third plug from the left l, corrosion like residue under plastic ecotec cover and brown residue in the factory air box tubing. Lastly car lags as if the transmission isn't catching and while doing so rpms will climb and Speedo will twitch and go to zero.

I have a 4t4oe tranny I can put in if it turns out to be the tranny is going bad so no worries but would prefer to fix it if possible. Thoughts?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search