FOG LIGHT ISSUES. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FOG LIGHT ISSUES.
Monday, October 19, 2015 7:31 PM
Before I go too far into this post I would like to say that I have looked into this quite a bit, so the " search before you ask" questions are irrelevant. anyways, I have an '01 z24, and my fog lights aren't working. I don't know how they stopped or what, they didn't work when I bought the car. that being said the led light on the fog light button lights up, but no fog lights working. my Daytimes work and so do my highs, and lows, I checked the fuses and everythings okay (and yes with a multimeter not with just my eyes.) obviously it could be something as simple as both the lights are just blown out, but I want to inspect wires before I go and do all that, seeing as how I read that its normally 9/10 problem. with that being said my rear defrost also does not work, I know about the adapter behind the hood release, just haven't gotten around to inspecting it. what all wires are ran into that adapter with the rear defrost? fog lights maybe? im asking for opinions before I go spending money when I don't need to, feedback asap would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

Re: FOG LIGHT ISSUES.
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:24 AM
I would buy at least one bulb and check that, before going any further. I have never heard of foglight not working as a common issue on these cars and I have been around these cars all my life.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:36 AM
I've had both fog lights go out at the exact same time, which is rare. I thought for sure it was a bad relay or fuse, but then I replaced a bulb and it worked. Listen to addicted and try that first.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:34 AM
TheInfamousEco wrote:I've had both fog lights go out at the exact same time, which is rare. I thought for sure it was a bad relay or fuse, but then I replaced a bulb and it worked. Listen to addicted and try that first.

Thanks for the info guys! is there a way to test a burned out fog light bulb by chance? I don't want to go replacing @!#$ that's not bad if I don't have to lol
Sunday, October 25, 2015 12:33 AM
Just take the bulb out and see if the filament is still attached, and check the bulb glass for black spots.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search