Acquired 99 2.2 5 speed with no key - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Acquired 99 2.2 5 speed with no key
Sunday, December 20, 2015 5:22 PM
I don't really know where to start but the car was totalled off about a year ago. It was bought from insurance from someone else who wanted the brand new studded winter grips on it. It sat for a couple years now a friend of mine has it and wants to turn it into a race car for our mini stock class.

The car does start and run by removing the ignition switch from the back of the lock cylinder and it starts and runs but the pass lock keeps shutting it off. I've read about the resistors and the modules, calling gm getting a key cut etc. here is the kicker. There is a brand new in the package head gasket that was in the trunk of this car. Really don't want to spend a bunch of money on it until we can get this running for a period of time especially if we are pulling head and by time it gets planed, might as well just find another complete car to race. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Re: Acquired 99 2.2 5 speed with no key
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:03 PM
Managed to "steal" this car. Took most of a Day. But it runs and drives under its own power for more than 2 seconds now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search