2004 fuel filter - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 fuel filter
Wednesday, January 06, 2016 11:43 AM
So I went to swap in a new filter as I had forgotten to do so and I cannot accomplish this. On my 97 it was a breeze and took me a good 2 minutes due to rust. However, on my 04 I can't maneuver due to this stupid black box and seeing as how the filters inbetween it and the axle I have no leverage to remove the rammed thing. Maybe I'm just stupid but what do I do and what the hell is this black box that annoys me so.

Re: 2004 fuel filter
Wednesday, January 06, 2016 3:23 PM
Alright scratch that, I realized you have to remove this little annoyance to swap filters. So new question, any way to relocate a fuel filter? While a small annoyance I don't want to have to remove the black box to swap filters every 30k.
Re: 2004 fuel filter
Thursday, January 07, 2016 2:17 PM
Well @!#$ I think jezebel is mad at me, the fitting that threads into the fuel filter that takes a 19 & 21 open end wrench to unthread ended up braking on the line. So the filter just spins and spins and will not unscrew no matter how much Herculean powah I expend so I decided I would just cut the metal line and in it's place use a rubber fuel line and two screw clamps. So I just need to know what size fitting threads into the fuel filter so I can use some brake line with said fitting size to complete my make shift fuel line. Imo easier than the one they have already, this way I can unclamp the hose then disconnect the clip and swap the fitting into the new filter and reclamp and reclip. Easy peasy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search