P0455 code - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
P0455 code
Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:41 AM
The last few times I gassed up my 2005 Pontiac Sunfire (2.2L Ecotec) I noticed that it was very hard to pump gas into the tank. I had to just let it trickle in. On Monday I put about 3/4 tank of gas into the tank and it pumped without issue. However, now I'm getting the P0445 code for a large leak in the EVAP system. I replaced the gas cap and cleared the code. I'm waiting to see if it comes back on. Is this a common issue with our cars? Replacing the gas cap was listed online as the most common culprit. However, the trickle fill I experienced at the pump during my previous fill ups has me worried that it may be something else. Is there something I should be looking for? Thanks for your help.

Not sure if it helps, but here is the underside of the car. Got to love the salted New England roads.

Re: P0455 code
Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:13 PM
Not sure if it's a problem or design flaw but my cav does the same when filling but no issue with codes. I think it has something to do with air being in the tank. They're designed to expand with changing of temperatures

ReD RaiN
Re: P0455 code
Monday, February 01, 2016 3:49 PM
Looks like the code is back. Climbed under the car to check hoses and the wire harness. Nothing looks cracked, no leaks that I could tell. As you can see, harness looks okay. The filler tube is a bit rusted, but no leaks that I could make out. Wondering if it's a stuck solenoid. Hate to have to do it, but it looks like I may need to get a smoke test done on it. Would make the most sense instead of swapping parts any praying. Will probably have it done in the next couple weeks. I shouldn't have an issue driving it around, should I? I imagine the EVAP leak wouldn't make a difference, but emissions/inspection, correct?

Some pics:

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search