Service (wrench) light on after replacing speed sensor - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Service (wrench) light on after replacing speed sensor
Monday, April 25, 2016 6:23 AM
I'm not sure if this is simply a coincidence, but after replacing a wheel speed sensor (2001 2.2 cavalier, manual trans) in order to try and fix a long standing problem of my ABS kicking in almost every time I hit the breaks, I now have the SERVICE light (not check engine light). It comes on as soon as I disengage the parking brake, unless I have the headlights already turned on. Typically I start the car, and then the DRL flash while I hear the relay click for about 10 times. After that the Service light is on, and I have no DRL either.

Can someone tell me if the DRL and Service light issue could possibly be related to me replacing the wheel speed sensor, or just straight up coincidence?

Btw, the reason why I had to replace the wheel speed sensor is that I was trying to clean off the dirt from the sensor itself to see if that would help to fix the ABS coming on so easily, and the pin that holds it in on the drivers side did not want to release like the passenger side did, and it broke off.....

Re: Service (wrench) light on after replacing speed sensor
Monday, May 02, 2016 11:20 AM
UPDATE

So even though initially I checked the headlights, and they were all functioning, when I rechecked them a week later, my low beam was out on one side. I replaced the bulb and my Service light went away.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search