Some FYI about the 2dr Cavalier Ls hinge. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some FYI about the 2dr Cavalier Ls hinge.
Friday, April 01, 2016 7:26 AM
Finally replacing my door hinge on my 2004 Cavalier Ls. In my travels I've found that apparently chevy used the same hinge in the 4dr and 2dr. So with the extra weight us 2dr people are likely to have issues.

My issue isn't hinge pins, it's not the hinge, it's the roller on the bottom of the top hinge. It got bent and then started catching and eroded away. Also started to not close properly and now it really doesn't close right. Now the roller is replaceable, but it's actually a permanent fixture on the door. So you have to grind out the portion that holds it. So I said screw it. Time to go to the Salvage yard. Found one for 30$. The price of the roller new. My dad's picking it up while at work (he works nearby). Then we'll have a nice little project to replace it. Will post before and after later!

Re: Some FYI about the 2dr Cavalier Ls hinge.
Friday, April 01, 2016 10:19 AM
I am actually having that same problem with my 04 though it was caused by the prior owner being an idiot.
Saturday, April 02, 2016 11:00 PM
Yea my 99 is the same way. Pain in the *ss to rip half the car apart to change them too!

ReD RaiN
Monday, April 04, 2016 12:20 PM
I'm about to getting into a painting project so my car has some downtime upon it that might come in handy for fixing stuff like this... My 02 LS coupe driver's door is brushing the top of its latch. Seems that the door is hanging a little low and I was thinking that it has to be hinge-related. I will have to check to be 100% sure but definitely post pics of this because I will be doing this if it's not too involved. Thanks
Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:44 AM
Same here. It sucks

G
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search