Cranks: doesn't start - so weird- look within - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cranks: doesn't start - so weird- look within
Friday, August 05, 2016 3:03 PM
So, I go to the county recorders office to deal with recording the deed of this troublesome property I bought... And it happens. They make everything so easy. I'm shocked and elated.

I go out to the car and it won't start. Thus begins the defeat.

Here is the deal. The car was fine earlier. Currently, everything I can think of works with the exception of the fuel pump and the gauges/warning lights. All the lights, even the cluster back lights, wipers, interior lights, 12v plug, everything.

I put the key in, depress clutch and the car cranks but, doesn't start. The fuel pump never kicks on so, obviously it's not going to start. Usually, once the key is turned to Acc, the dash lights up and the gauges come to life. This doesn't happen.... And I sigh. I've tapped on the fuel tank, checked the connections(and tapped) on the bcm and the pcm.

What do you guys think?

Re: Cranks: doesn't start - so weird- look within
Friday, August 05, 2016 3:05 PM
Woops, sorry.

2002 2dr
5spd
Monday, August 08, 2016 6:59 AM
Check ground G110. It looks like it uses one of the upper bell housing bolts to hold it in place. It is the ground for the IPC and the control side of the fuel pump relay.
Make sure it's clean and secure and there are no wires that are frayed/loose/broken/etc.

THE .ORG IS MY KITCHEN!

Friday, August 19, 2016 11:08 AM
Holy crap, someone responded. That would be spectacular. I had to leave the car with a shop in colorado... And they still haven't touched it. I'll call and see if they will check that ground.
Monday, August 29, 2016 6:00 AM
An update for anyone that might suffer from these symptoms. Strangely, the shop said it was a short in the ignition switch. Even though it triggered all the accessories, it wasn't triggering the cluster lights and fuel pump. He also said it blew a fuse but, I'm pretty sure I checked all the applicable fuses. I'll clarify when I pick it up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search