Rocker panel? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rocker panel?
Friday, February 24, 2017 4:24 PM
So on my 2004 Ls sport coupe I have had since getting it a pretty damaged passenger side. The rocker panel is bent inwards and isn't pretty to say the least, it's affected my door and my fender which has made my front end swap skewed a bit. I've been in the search for a replacement and I found a rather cheap alternative which would save me not only a trip to the junkyard but also the time required to measure and cut the donor piece off. If this is indeed the part I am thinking it is( I could very well be confused on what's what) then that would be utterly fantastic because I need it desperately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302006469373?ul_noapp=true this is the part in question and I am not experienced whatsoever nor knowledgeable when it comes to body work. So, is this what I am looking for? Is this the part that would need to be welded to the frame or is this something else entirely? I would love to pay $26 bucks opposed to $100(who wouldn't?).

I know what I'd need to do once I get the part I'm looking for but for some reason I'm having a hard time finding what I need. Even at junkyards with everything being rusted u beyond use.

Re: Rocker panel?
Wednesday, March 01, 2017 4:57 PM
I would be super skeptical with it being only $25, but at the same time I would try it at that price. I didn't see a mention of what it was made of, steel, fiberglass etc. Hard to believe they would have a high quality stamped steel piece at only $25. If it is indeed steel I would make sure to clean/dry the steel thoroughly then prime/seal the whole thing really really good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search