01 z24 2.4 oil light at idle. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 z24 2.4 oil light at idle.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:05 AM
Started getting a low oil light at idle when I came to a stop after the engine warmed up so I figured my oil pump had gone I ordered one I put one in and still have the exact same symptoms when I start the car in the morning and it's warming up the light does not come on but as soon as it gets to operating temperature the oil light comes on until I give it gas and it will go away it's only at idle I noticed that my oil pressure sensor he has oil on the plug which tells me it's leaking internal is this something that could cause the oil pump not to send enough oil up to the top side of the engine I also have a tick it's not loud enough to be a knock but it's been there for a while and when I turn my steering wheel and put pressure on a power steering it goes away any other jbody guys have an idea as to what I need to do to get this thing working right

Re: 01 z24 2.4 oil light at idle.
Thursday, June 01, 2017 1:42 AM
I'd replace the sending unit. Since it is leaking, it could be giving a false reading. Once a new one is installed if the problem is still there, it is likely the main bearings are worn. A common sign is good oil pressure at idle when cold, that drops when the oil warms up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search