various posts about this problem but nothing seems to solve my problem. drl related. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
various posts about this problem but nothing seems to solve my problem. drl related.
Sunday, July 09, 2017 8:21 AM
so this has been going on for awhile now and im just getting to it now because its not that big of a issue but its still an issue lol. so i have a 04 cavalier 2.2 ecotec with 5 spd trans. when i turn the car on with the handbrake on everything is fine i have all lights working and no issues at all but the moment i release the handbrake the green headlight light on the cluster starts flashing about 5 times and i hear the drl relay clicking each time it flashes, then it shuts off and the service (wrench) light comes on not the CEL(just to clearify that). i can still turn the headlights on all the way and they still come on and highbeams work too and both marker lights come on when i turn the dial to the 2nd position. but when i start the car and turn the lights fully on before i release the handbrake everything works as it should unless i turn them off then it happens like before, even when i turn it down to just the marker lights, it blinks, relay clicks then service light. but i thought it would be as easy as changing the marker light that was out but i guess not lol go figure. need some help lol could it be the sensor in the handbrake or the connection? or could it be as simple as disconnecting the battery to reset everything after changing that marker light?

Re: various posts about this problem but nothing seems to solve my problem. drl related.
Sunday, July 09, 2017 11:32 PM
Dont kno alot about this but i had a cav with a blown marker lamp, took it all apart and replaced the bulb and had weird issues too. Turned out to be the opposite marker lamp went right after i got everything bk together. Replaced both lamps and never had a problem after. Another possibility could be in the multi-function switch.

ReD RaiN
Re: various posts about this problem but nothing seems to solve my problem. drl related.
Monday, July 17, 2017 3:13 PM
Had the same issue when I tried to replace one blown bulb with one extra I had laying around the garage.
The resistance from the eurolite 9007 xenon, was different from the sylvania 9007 halogen.
Replaced them both with a set of the same kind of bulb, and the issue went away.

Perhaps, a similar issue with yours?

I'm a 6ft. tall, 250+ lb., man, and I proudly drive the Sunfire. My wife drives the half-ton 4x4...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search