yet another oil leak - i think - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
yet another oil leak - i think
Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:19 AM

So I have had a dripping oil leak for years and always keep an eye on it. A couple of weeks ago I had the water pump replaced for the second time in 3 years - and ever since then I have noticed what I thought was a pretty bad new power steering fluid leak. The level of that fluid drops consistently so I know if it definitely leaking along with the oil. They look almost identical once they hit the ground so it is hard to tell whether the drops are oil or power steering fluid. But just in the last 48 hours, there has been a new, different leak from a totally different location much further back. This one is leaving a shockingly bad / constantly dripping stain but it comes from WAY back behind the axle on the passenger side. If you stick your head under the passenger side door (on the back side of the wheel), there is a black metal piece there that looks like it is held on by two big silver bolts. They look attached to something very similar to the oil drain plug but this is nowhere near that it is much further back and off to the side.

Any idea what the source of this leak is and/or whether it is PSF or engine oil?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search