Dim Passenger Headlight (2000 Coupe) - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dim Passenger Headlight (2000 Coupe)
Tuesday, January 23, 2018 2:50 PM
Hello all,

My 2000 Cavalier's Passenger Headlight is dim.

I've replaced/worked on:

Bulbs

DRL Relay

Created a new ground for the Passenger Socket (Orange Center wire via schematic)

Returned the Orange Center wire back to the original route on the harness (was causing headlights to remain On after removing key from ignition)

I can't figure this issue out. I've been at it for about a week. I'm thinking it's the switch on the steering column.

-Infamous Ob

Re: Dim Passenger Headlight (2000 Coupe)
Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:01 AM
I really don't understand why these forums are so dead when the Cavalier is one of GM's most reliable vehicles in the last 20 years. Anywho, I'm debating on removing the entire forward harness under the battery tray forward but I'm wondering does anyone who has more experience with the J know anything I'm overlooking before I remove this harness. Thank you.

-Infamous Ob
Re: Dim Passenger Headlight (2000 Coupe)
Tuesday, February 27, 2018 4:14 PM
Purchased a new harness from an 2001 Coupe, different connector (Square), my OEM connector is round. I cut the Passenger Connector from the 01' harness, ran it tandem with mine, cleaned up my installation and now my Passenger Headlight is back to normal. I ran the Passenger headlight connector in series with my Driver headlight connector to bypass the OEM harness.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search