Back lighting and lights. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Back lighting and lights.
Sunday, June 07, 2020 1:54 PM
Hello All,

I am sorry if this is some kind of repost. I have searched and scoured all over this forum and cannot find anything quite like this. I have a 2000 Cavalier base model. It doesn't have power anything. For many months when driving at night I would hit a bump and my dome light would flicker. I found jiggling the keys resolved that. However, the situation has evolved. It got to where a bump would knock out the backlighting on the cluster and the lights for the temperature control. All the gauges continue to work but I cannot see them as they are not lit up. On several occasions, I would turn the car off, turn the headlights off, take the key out. Then put the keys in start the car and turn everything on. It would work just fine. Recently I took the dash apart to replace the dash portion that holds the vents because the plastic snapped that holds the vents in. I also decided to put a cluster that has a tach. Now when I turn on the headlights, I hear a small beep from behind the radio (aftermarket radio) the cluster lights flicker and then not light up at all. Headlights and gauges all work as expected just no lighting behind them. I am open to any suggestions. Thank you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search