URGENT NEED OF HELP, car wont start - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
URGENT NEED OF HELP, car wont start
Sunday, November 28, 2004 7:54 PM
so i need my car to go to school and work, and yesterday morning when i went to turn on my car i put the key into the ignition and the damn thing wont turn. it is stuck, the key goes all the way in and everything it just wont turn. i need any help on how to get my car started cuz i need to go to school tomorrow and i need to go to work.
<br>

-Will Ong

Re: URGENT NEED OF HELP, car wont start
Sunday, November 28, 2004 8:09 PM
This happened to my buddys car , a 96' grand am GT. You can try turning the steering wheel back and forth a bit as you try to turn the key. You won't be able to turn the steering wheel very much thought because of the lock, however it may be enough to start your car. Anyhow my buddy ended up having to replace the whole lock mechanism. lots of work and is around $200 Can. I may be wrong though
Hope this helps
<br>

Have a quick clutch question for a 92 Cavalier
Sunday, November 28, 2004 8:45 PM
yeah i tried that and the people at autozone said that i would have to replace the whole lock mechanism. anyone else, cuz i be broke as all he!!.
<br>

-Will Ong
Sunday, November 28, 2004 9:16 PM
the ranger that I'm driving does that sometimes... but I just turn the steering wheel and turn the key back and forward and then turns.
it has a safety lock in it. if yours has one, hold it and try to turn the key.
I also try not to push the key all the way in, just leave a hair out and try to turn it.
that does the trick sometimes too.

Monday, November 29, 2004 11:42 AM
Squirt some lube in there and see if that helps. I recommend Mobil 1 Synthetic Spray, but WD-40 is easier to find and should work too. <br>

1994 Tercel
peeping a 2005 coupe cavalier!
Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:14 AM
May be a stupid idea But put it in neutral.... then crank it..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search