Blown Motor or Knock Sensor??? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Blown Motor or Knock Sensor???
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:08 AM
Ok I installed a 00' ld9 motor in my 99z24 cuz i blew up the other one the problem I am having is that th emotor I put in is relatively new 30,xxx miles and was running good when I first started it up, now its making a horrible knocking sound like a rod but I dont understand why, I can find the knock sensor plug on my wiring harness to hook it up to the one on the motor so is this th ecause of my knock? Can the knock sensor not being hooked up actually cause a rod knock?

Re: Blown Motor or Knock Sensor???
Monday, February 14, 2005 12:51 PM
anyone?
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:05 PM
Knock sensor won't affect anything when engine is idling. It will retard the timing when under a load.

God bless America.
Monday, February 14, 2005 7:16 PM
Lets talk about that knock. Did it Start right after you put engine in? Is it an automatic? Are the torque converter bolts tight, if they aren't it will knock like a son of bitch. I have done this before.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:19 PM
it started right after i put the motor in like driving it 10 miles and its standard so cant be that tranny problem, i put the code reader and its throwing a knock sensor code but the thing is i have a 97 wiring harness and i have one missing senosor plug thats one wire and one missing plug on the 2000 motor but its a 2 wire plug and they dont match, unless the knock sensors changed?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:33 PM
Yes, the knock sensor has changed. Do a search there was a topic on this not too long ago.

Thanks,

G
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search