HELP!!! I need answers! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP!!! I need answers!
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:47 AM
Hello! I'm new here to the forum/site. I've had a serious problem with my Cavalier and I know this is the place to come to for advice. Anywho, here's what's wrong...

On Friday night, I was coming home and my house is located at the top of a hill. I got to the bottom of the hill and kicked it down, like I usually do. Instead of my car going the constant speed and/or speeding up slightly *like always* It slowed down. I got to my driveway and started to pull in, then my car stopped all together. I noticed a couple of lights come on the dash. One was the oil light but I didn't notice the check engine light or anything.

After the car stopped, I turned it off and restarted it again. It struggled to turn over. *kind of like when the battery is dead*. My dad checked ALL the fluids and they were all fine. There has been a knocking in my engine, but it didn't seem too bad.

If this helps, I have a 1996 Cavalier and it has almost 113,000 miles on it. Does anyone think it'll be a wise idea for me just to locate a new engine? Any advice is really appriciated.

Andrea

Re: HELP!!! I need answers!
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:00 AM
i doubt its your engine.

fuel problems sounds like to me. change your battery and put a gallon or two in and see what happens.

-Borsty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search