HElp with Recalibration - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HElp with Recalibration
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:47 PM
Hi,
I need to know what i need to do so i have my car recalibrated. Is there anyway of having the PCM or ECU reprogrammed and be in the car. Damn dealer won't do it.

They said my car has to many modifications and to many wire that won't work on a car with so many modifications. I have some guages with wires a grounding kit intake etc..

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Re: HElp with Recalibration
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:02 PM
thats B.S. they upgrade the PCM from under the drivers side dash. if you look you'll see it. you need to find another dealer.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:05 PM
Just take the PCM out, and have them reflash it out of the car. Probably take you 10 minutes to remove it.

But yes, they can reflash in the car. I can see why they wouldn't though, if you tap into the wrong wire under the dash and it starts sending voltage through an arbitrary pin in the OBD port under the steering wheel, you could burn out the $3500 Tech2.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:15 PM
Where is the Computer? Is it in the fender well of the car.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:23 PM
I called another dealership that will allow me to bring in the computer and do the calibration.

Funnything is that this dealership and the one i went to has the same owner i guess different jerks working the service department.

Just need to know where is the computer i need to remove.

all the time

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:16 PM
Yeah, its up in the front passenger fender, easiest way to get to it is to take the bumper cover off, I don't think you need to remove the fender to get it out.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search