would you HELPme wth my 100 problems??? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
would you HELPme wth my 100 problems???
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:39 PM
i need help, this post is only 4 people with time that wont mind spending some time reading and posting me back thnx :p
im trying to get my car a littl modded but before i start modding it i have to fix all its mechanical, electrical, stetical and all types of problems HOPE you guys can help me with something

*plz realize that i live in mexico and my english ain't that good so abbreviations and technicisms i dont understand so good *

FIRST of all my car SWALLOWS fuel it gives me a gas mileage of bout 6 km per liter! a whole tank doesnt gives me more than 300 kms (190 miles) cant spend money on mods when i have to spend money on fuel! i bought the car used and since then it uses lots of fuel, ive taken the cat, cleaned inyectors, spark plugs, changed filters dozens of times, the IAC, the O2 sensor, it throws no codes and its still the same... NO gains... mechanics have told me buch of things like that the motor is depresurized, that i need to change something in the head, to change the divers? (dont know how is it called in usaor canada but i think they are the things that lift valves?..etc and i dont know what to believe

now, ive noticed that theres like an air-leak sound coming from the TB-IAC (cant precise where) the iac is from a 2.4 malibu but i dont believe thats the problem. another thing i noticed is that a gas stain (i think) forms at the end of the fuel rail
i noticed this bcause one day i cleaned the motor, including that stain (kinda brown i assume its fuel) and weeks later it reapeared again...

SECOND... one season, when i floored it, my car would lag a lot, like if air was coming but fuel wasnt? cant explain how but it didnt accelerated when i floored it until seconds later, that was dangerous, but it fixed by itself, yesterday my car died bcause the battery terminals were dirty and i dissconected it, dont know if it had something to do, but the problem came back again, almost every time i want to accelerate fast, it hesitates a lot..

i could continue saying all the problems my car has but it would be too long, i'll better post the other problems another day, I really really hope you could help me, i looove my sunfire but if it cant get fixed soon i think well have to sell it cause its giving too much problems

Re: would you HELPme wth my 100 problems???
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:48 PM

thats wht im talking about, its normal?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:16 AM
? anyone...
Saturday, March 19, 2005 12:29 PM
have you gone over the rest of the fuel system looking for leaks? Check the fuel-filter, mine had a pin hole in it and caused the car to barely run (not enough fuel pressure).

Get yourself a compression tester. It's a Guage that screws into where your spark plugs are. Start with #1, crank it over a couple of times and then write down the PSI on the guage. Don't take it out yet, leave it a couple of minutes and see if it drops. If it does noticable you've got a a leak somwhere. More than likely your piston rings. Do this on all 4 cylinders. They should all be in the same compression range.

BTW 300km/tank isn't TOO too bad, it's not great but it's not horrible either. Not sure what kind of fuel you are running.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:52 PM
That pix is showing the fuel regulator, pull the vacuum hose off and if you see or smell fuel replace the regulator, easy job.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:50 PM
fuel regulators leaking replace and or stuck in full pres
check for vacume at the hose at the regulator should have full vacume at idle and will drop when you rev it up but will stabalize when its at cruse
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:50 PM
so that little thing can be causing all the trouble? well thnx i0ll get it cheked tomorrow
Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:12 PM
i think that FPR isnt so cheap... do i need to change all the FPR or only the rings.. if i leave it with a mechanic what should i say him to do and to search for?... I dont know thaat much about cars so i wouldnt like to spend even more money on wrong diagnostics.. thnx for ur help you all guys... and about the type of gasoline, yes mexico's gas is cheap but that doesnt means that i should use the same fuel as a huge old motor on my 4 cil.. i think hehe... i hope really that this was the problem all the time and that i can get it fixed easily...
Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:27 PM
190 miles per tank isnt so bad that it should be killing your wallet, but as Jennifer Mac Donald said take off the vacum line and see if it smells of gas if it doesnt then it isnt your problem., if it does then i see no reason to take it to a mechanic only takes 2 tools to remove and replace it and it is a rather cheap part

also did u check your fuel fillter if it is full of crap it will lower milage bad.

once i filled my tank in mexico worst mistake i ever made destroyed my gas millage maybe it is just the gas also.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search