2.2 motor help?? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 motor help??
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:41 PM
so a while back i wanted to lower my car i bought cheap ebay coilovers they made the car rider higher than normal so i got pissed and choped my springs my front shocks went to hell after a while and now right before it gets warmer so i can fix them the bouncyness from the front end smashed the front of the car on the ground a couple of times bent my motor mount by the pulleys bent the subframe and now it is leaking antifreeze
my question is that there is a metal plate that attaches to the front of the engine for that motor mount it is leaking from above this could i have broke an attachment or do you think i cracked the block i cant see crap under that car

if anyone can help it would be awesome
by the way it is a 96 2.2 5 spd cavy sedan

thanks

FS: 1985 GTI 8 valve 750 obo
FS: 1987 Golf 4Dr. 750 obo

Re: 2.2 motor help??
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:41 PM
Thats probably your water pump. Pull the fender liner off the pasenger side and see if there are any stains on the bottom side of the water pump by the hole in its casing.

As far as the suspension stuff, read the FAQ in the suspension forum. Its definatley a good read and it would have saved you a lot of trouble.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:17 AM
damn that has to suck alot man. hope not too much is damaged but this is one of the great reasons why people should'nt heat or cut their springs.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 3:38 PM
Personally I would keep it stock to keep the car reliable. Seems like lotsa people have problems with suspension mods and when you lower a Cavalier you can hardly notice anyway.

God bless America.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:33 PM
^ Crack head. Lowering isn't just for looks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search