Reading compter problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reading compter problem
Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:48 AM
For some reason i can not read the computer from the OBD II port under the dash. The Cigarrette lighter fuse is not blown so i am not sure please help.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Re: Reading compter problem
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:26 PM
not to offend you put is you key on?

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:54 PM
No offense taken. Good question. Yeah the key is on. One place could not read it with the reader and my palm reader is not reading. The auto place hooked it up and go no response from or feed back.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:04 PM
ok on your PCM, the three connectors, from one connector, on pin 15 (you'll have to open up the connector cover backs) there is a purple wire, coming from pin #30, then goto you DLC 9Data Link Connector) and find the purple wire there, make sure there is continuity between those two points, if you do there, then go to pin #15 (tan wire) and make sure you have continuity between there and the tan wire at the DLC, if you have continuity on both those wires, im not sure wehat the problem is, if your using a Snap-On Scanner, make sure you have the right "K" key, it should be "K-9"

good luck

96 Sunfire, 2.4L Twin Cam 5 Spd, estimated 180hp
Friday, March 18, 2005 6:36 AM
I took my wife's '99 Chevy Venture van to 2 different Autozones, on 3 occasions, and they could not read it ever. One even used 2 different code readers, one a brand new one out of the box. They did turn the key on, also. I ended up letting the dealer rape me. A couple weeks ago, I went to one of the same Autozones when the light came on again, and the code reader worked immediately. Go figure. I have no clue what the hell is up with that.

'03 LS SPORT COUPE 5 SPEED black with teal/silver pinstripe

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search