Paint job? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Paint job?
Friday, March 18, 2005 1:41 PM
Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to touch up a 3rd gen J-body?

There are a small number of paint dings (don't know what else to call them) on the hood due to small pebbles, as well as a 6in scratch on the passenger side door (paint still on, but there is an impression). A very minor dent on the rear driver side door and a faint dent on the trunk (almost not worth fixing, unless I do the whole car). There is absolutely no rust on the car, since it was owned by an older lady who used touch up paint diligently in order to prevent rust.

Actually, I am amazed at the condition of this car. When I bought it for my wife in December of '04, it had only 64,xxx miles on it and the interior is immaculate. Not bad for a 10 year old car (1995, no black bumper, just teal (blue-green))

Re: Paint job?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:42 AM
It really depents on how good of a job you want done. They could match the paint color and just fill them, they wont be smooth. This would only cost you around $100. but If you want the job done right, they will need to sand prime and fill., color match and buff. I would say about $100 for each area on average. I would get the dings out and get the body prepared for painting yourself, its a lot of work but not hard and just get the whole thing repainted.

Re: Paint job?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:04 AM
See if a shop near you offers paintless dent removal. Works wonders and is a lot cheaper than having to paint the areas.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search