My No Trac light came on today...why? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My No Trac light came on today...why?
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:52 PM
I was driving on the highway going about 65 and my No Trac light came on, and has remained on ever since. I have no idea what would have caused this, any ideas? It doesn't seem to have affected the car at all. I've got a 2000 2.2 auto. Thanks!

Re: My No Trac light came on today...why?
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:16 PM
Trac off or low trac? those are the 2 on my 99 auto

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:09 PM
It says Trac Off, I've seen Low Trac many times when the wheels spin in the winter, but I've never seen Trac Off before.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:05 AM
have you done anything with your transmission ... i know when i put the autotrans intercepter on ... my car starts with no traction but once i put it into gear, i do have traction. Just a thought.

dan

Representing the 810's ... biatch!!
Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:25 AM
your e-brake al the way down? Maybe one of the wheel speed sensors?

http://www.ohiocichlids.com <<<<If you keep cichlids
Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:41 PM
I've never modded any thing mechanical, and the e-brake is down, that was one if the first things I checked. It's supposed to snow tomorrow night, so I guess I'll find out if its really off or not.

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:40 PM
It has happened to me before too. While driving, it just comes on. I figure maybe some of the wiring for the traction control is loose/damaged. The light for me goes off eventually., Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few days. I should probably get it checked out, but rarely have time.

Friday, March 18, 2005 8:53 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I was driving today and it simply went off like Andix said it would. It was snowing tonight and the traction control definitely worked!

Sunday, March 20, 2005 3:33 PM
i had mine in at my local dealership. on looking they found that the 02 sensor was not connected back up. this caused the traction control light to be on all the time and when the gears were changing caused them to go in with a big clunk and made the car jerk.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:12 PM
I used to have the same thing happen....The ets off light would come on out of the blue....Then I changed my o2 sensor and ever since it hasn't come back on ....

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:04 PM
Hmmmm.... I know I've been getting pretty terrible gas mileage in the past few months. Would this be part of the same problem? I had my o2 sensor replaced about 25,000 miles ago, I'm not at 90,000. How often do these things usually last?

Monday, March 21, 2005 5:30 AM
Yea see my o2 threw a code two different times and finally i quit neglecting it and changed it...so it wasn't like i just said aww what the hell lets change the o2....

Monday, March 21, 2005 12:50 PM
which sensor did you change? The second o2(cat. converter), or the first(header)?

Monday, March 21, 2005 12:57 PM
1st one thats in the header

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search