need some help! too much gas / exhaust problem? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need some help! too much gas / exhaust problem?
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:18 PM
on the way home from school, my car messed up. i was stopped at a light n when i accelerated, it started sputtering. it sound bad and it sounds like its about to cut off. i think its blowing too much gas through, but im not sure. i recently had the fuel pressure regulator replaced, and i know the o2 sensor is bad. when it sputters, the rpm's go down and gas is coming out the back.
it just cost me 220 to get the fpr replaced and i am low on funds, so any suggestion is welcomed.
thanx in advance

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Re: need some help! too much gas / exhaust problem?
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:21 PM
quite possibly if u say the 02 sensor is bad, or even the fuel pump? Im not sure though..... but thats probably what it is
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:24 PM
so, replacing the o2 sensor could fix this?

Monday, March 21, 2005 5:32 PM
since your on a tight budget i dont know.... but that could DEFINETELY cause sputtering, if you know its bad, then might as well change it right? has it been doing it since, like have u gone out driving since school just to see ?

im almost 100% sure
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:37 PM
yea i have tried to drive it since...just as bad. even let it cool off, then try it.
when i get it looked at tom, ill have the 02 sensor changed

any other suggestions are welcomed as well

Monday, March 21, 2005 5:43 PM
I see you said it was shooting gas out the back.. I didnt see that in the first thread...... maybe a leak?? once the fuel pump is on could it be leaking? check for that once the car is running look underneath
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search