Clutch slave cylinder - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch slave cylinder
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:12 AM
ok Guys apparently my clutch slave cylinder is leaking. What exactly is this and what does it do. Also i know there was the whole court case abount the warranty issue and it said only things that come after the modification are voided. but me not knowing what exactky this cylinder is will my intake void the warranty on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re: Clutch slave cylinder
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:32 AM
No, an intake will not void the warranty on your clutch slave cylinder. The cylinder is what actuates your clutch.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 21, 2005 10:35 AM
ok thanks for the input thats a relief cause i dont think i have the money to pay for a new one
Monday, March 21, 2005 1:14 PM
I agree with Shifted, but i've heard of dealers finding ways to get out of warranties. I would have paid about 800 bux for mine, and they said it would have been about 3 days of work. I took it to my girlfriends shop (b4 we got together) and they charged me just over 500, part's and labor and it was done the next day
Monday, March 21, 2005 2:49 PM
Magnussen-Moss warranty act states that they cannot legally blame one part that is not directly affected on another part. So an intake will not void the warranty on your throttle body. The only thing an intake voids the warranty on is your stock intake.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 21, 2005 3:46 PM
It's covered. Mine went out too. And I had everything in my registry installed when it happened.

Monday, March 21, 2005 5:01 PM
Shifted, the only part that would be voided would be the AIT sensor, right?
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:24 PM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:Magnussen-Moss warranty act states that they cannot legally blame one part that is not directly affected on another part. So an intake will not void the warranty on your throttle body. The only thing an intake voids the warranty on is your stock intake.

let me add to that-

if your modification causes damage, then they dont have to fix what was damaged. say for example you put on an intake, but youre stupid and didnt put a filter on the end. you suck up a dime, and destroy your engine because you now have a dime melted to your piston. youre out of luck because your modification caused the damage.

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Monday, March 21, 2005 9:04 PM
for the record, to argue a stupid point, if you were lucky enough to suck up a dime in through your intake, and it didn't bend a valve, and whatnot. and it were to " weld" to a piston, it would run fine, i had broken off many a swelled glow plugs that wouldn't come out of the hole on diesels in the usmc. and it would clank and all till it did attach it's self to the piston.... lmao, we would do a head gasket on a hummer. and it would sometimes have a couple like that.. funny @!#$ i tell ya!
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:11 AM
YES! 700 dollars worth of parts and labor covered under warranty...thanks guys!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search