Water Pump Questions - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Water Pump Questions
Friday, March 25, 2005 10:22 AM
First of all Is it hard to do the water pump?? I was taking a look at it yesterday when I installed my new alternator and noticed it was leaking. Alternator kicked my @^^!!! I didn't know getting to the belt tensioner was so hard or trying to line up that freaking bottom bolt. But anyways. Any Info on the water pump would be helpful....ways to install it / any "special" tools that make it easier. I work at a dealership so i have any tools I need. Thanks Peeps!!

Re: Water Pump Questions
Friday, March 25, 2005 9:40 PM
Your 2.2 would be easier than the 2.4 engine so I would say check some manuals but it doesn't take any special tools that I am aware of.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 6:40 AM
Very easy, its gonna suck but ya gotta take the belt off again. Drop the alternator, There are like 3 or 4 bolts holding the water pump in. Very easy to do i did it in about 20 minutes. MY pump cost $18 with the lifetime warranty. Very easy to do so just be careful with the belt and remember where the belt diagram is so its easy to put on. Good luck with your project.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:10 AM
aight thanks guys, looks like its gonna be another all nighter!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:56 AM
hey where did you get those MSD coilpacks and how much did you pay for the complete setup? is it just the standard 86 up GM coil packs? did you notice any gains from installing them? thanks

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:16 AM
2.2 is pretty easy to do. I did mine last winter and i just had some basic sockets and and a gasket scraper. Refer to manual if you want, but it isnt too hard. Not as bad as a 2.4!!!!! Haha all you 2.4 people

don't go home mad, just go home
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:02 PM
ya, thats about the only thing we get to laugh at the 2.4 guys about, yet again you ask "wtf was gm thinging" with the 2.4 desighn

Thursday, March 31, 2005 1:27 PM
I got them for around $80 bucks through summit....you have to call them
www.summitracing.com and as for performance wise it didn't do all that much.....It revs a little better but didn't notice much as for hp/tq gain

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search